pnuma.... good price point pack?

crestone mountaineering pack

for those shopping for a price point pack, it looks like it may be a decent consideration for 300 bucks. this pack looks better than most 300 dollar packs, and is a pretty versatile size, looks to be configured pretty good, with a load shelf.

i have not heard of this pack, i was just browsing their site and ordering a couple small things, but for 300 bucks with a lifetime warranty, it looks like a potentially good option for those who don't want to spend 600-1000$ for a new pack.

md126

WKR
I’d like to hear how it handles some real weight though. They’re all nice packs until you load it down and crawl off the mountain with it.

OP
roosiebull
I’d like to hear how it handles some real weight though. They’re all nice packs until you load it down and crawl off the mountain with it.
agree, but the dimensions look like it would ride well. just thought i would mention it unless someone was pack shopping and not willing to spend money for a big name pack. i was also curious if anyone has tried one.

i will never try one, i have been through a lot of packs, and i know what works for me. i love my EXO and have a couple mystery ranch packs (metcalf and pop-up) the next on the list is a kifaru duplex lite, it's the only one left i'm curious about.... doubt i'll like it as much as my EXO, but i can't help but try one.

a few years ago, i would have bought one of the pnuma packs to try out.... went through about 10 packs in the last 5 years, and am done trying them out of curiosity.... had i just kept my first EXO, i would have saved enough extra money to buy a pair of NL pures ;) gonna have to get some at some point

mainly just curious if anyone knew about the pnuma packs, and trying to tempt someone to buy one and give a review

mireland62887

Lil-Rokslider
Bump to the top.....still hoping to read a review of this.

Looks like a perfect daypack if you need to haul meat back. Load shelf looks easy...similar to a MR Sawtooth, external pocket on the lid (headlamp, TP, extra ammo) looks right, side pouches for water, rifle carrying, tripod, compression straps, easy lid., all with a good price point. I can't find ANY reviews other than the 5 people on Pnuma's page that have bought it. 1 wasn't happy, the rest raved about it.

MattB

WKR
agree, but the dimensions look like it would ride well.
No offense intended, but what does that even mean? Seems to me like looking at a picture of a woman and saying she looks like she would have a good sense of humor.

OP
roosiebull
No offense intended, but what does that even mean? Seems to me like looking at a picture of a woman and saying she looks like she would have a good sense of humor.
Just doesn’t look like a saggy out of proportion pack like some of the cheaper packs look... if the frame fit the person right, it should be a decent riding pack.
I don’t expect much for that price, and there are no obvious red flags on that pack

I even had a higher end pack that was saggy on the bottom, and didn’t ride well if it didn’t have much in in.
Only so much you can tell from a spec sheet and pictures, I was just pointing out it looked ok from that.

$300 and a lifetime warranty seems a bit sus
my younger self may have been interested but I’ve been down that road

OP
roosiebull
$300 and a lifetime warranty seems a bit sus
my younger self may have been interested but I’ve been down that road
I’m with ya!

some aren’t willing to buy a high end pack, and this pack could fill that niche better than others, like Badlands packs… people buy those for western hunting, and I think that’s crazy… a little more money and you are in a horn hunter full curl which is heavy and bulky, not very refined, but besides that it will work… they actually haul heavy loads pretty well.
That sub 400 dollar pack range has very few good options and lots of over priced packs that don’t do well with a heavy load