Pnuma made where

sim22mie

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know where Pnuma is made? I can’t seem to find it on their website. I do have their heated vest and it says China. Was hoping the rest of their line was not the same.

I emailed them a few months ago. All of their stuff is made in either China or Vietnam. It's sad when we have a long time ally like the Philippines that can produce high quality cost effective products that these companies choose communist countries to do business with. Haven't tried their stuff but I've heard good things about FORLOH if you're looking for American made.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Forloh American made means made in Puerto Rico…so sorta American made. Better than china no doubt.
Lol of course it does . If a company put a "Made in China" badge on their website I might just buy their stuff for the refreshing honesty.

WesCAtoll

Lil-Rokslider
Lol of course it does . If a company put a "Made in China" badge on their website I might just buy their stuff for the refreshing honesty.

A fair amount do now. Go wool clothes shopping online, and they are all "ethically made" in China. Just using fancy adjectives to describe the upper class sweat shops.

So, I joined a union a couple years ago and went on a US made clothing mission, having gone through several brands (casual/work clothing) and have basically come to the conclusion that the vast majority of Domestic made clothing is poorly stitched and overly expensive. Not to mention "Seattle" made clothing like Filson and OR is a joke where gloves and gators are made here and everything else is shipped out.

There's a few US brands I would recommend, but not a ton. It's really too bad no company is having the Japanese (Whites boots being best mix being JP owned US made) make their textiles as cost is ≠ to US but the quality is on another level.

A fair amount do now. Go wool clothes shopping online, and they are all "ethically made" in China. Just using fancy adjectives to describe the upper class sweat shops.

So, I joined a union a couple years ago and went on a US made clothing mission, having gone through several brands (casual/work clothing) and have basically come to the conclusion that the vast majority of Domestic made clothing is poorly stitched and overly expensive. Not to mention "Seattle" made clothing like Filson and OR is a joke where gloves and gators are made here and everything else is shipped out.

There's a few US brands I would recommend, but not a ton. It's really too bad no company is having the Japanese (Whites boots being best mix being JP owned US made) make their textiles as cost is ≠ to US but the quality is on another level.
If you wouldn't mind sharing those US companies you'd recommend I'd be interested in it! I'm on the same mission of trying to go US made or at least not Chinese made. I've heard Origin (seems related to Jocko Willinck) is planning on getting into 100% US made hunting clothes, which if true would he cool, they make nice Gi's.

WesCAtoll

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, for sure
-Feathered Friends is awesome, I have their light puffy (Eos? I believe) and it's fantastic as well as a couple of their pillows
-1620 workwear are my daily everything pants
-Wuru for wool shirts, the tags are weird but the shirts are great. Also, they just revamped and the sizes run a bit small compared to 6 months ago
-Whites Boots I wear their "Foreman"..still breaking them in fully and I've had them since May.
-Bravestar Jeans are basically knock off Levi's but stitched in LA. I only say that as they use cone mills dead stock which hearkens back to when Levi's used American Made denim. They also tend to run about $100 which is fantastic and doesn't leave you guilty beating up your raw denim jeans. My biggest issue here is a lack of crotch space if you get anything other than the full leg (501s)..and I'm a skinny guy.
Sock --many great choices here Covert Ops, Smartwool (only the socks are made here everything else pretty much outsourced although i love me some smartwool long sleeves), Stance (very comfortable boxer briefs as well but again, I'm a skinny guy and smalls are loose fitting for my preference daily) , Darn tough solid, stride solid, I know I'm missing some here...have drawers full

Blade and Blue, Birdwell are decent but have issues with loose stitching and that drives me nuts on a triple digit piece of clothing (buttons barely hanging on and half the stitch thread hanging across the back shoulder really guys?)
That said, both are cut well with the first having pretty comfortable underwear. The styles tend to favor San Francisco on the first and Surfers on the second so that may not be for everyone.
I'm going to leave out anything not clothes related on this . I'll update if I missed anything

WesCAtoll

Lil-Rokslider
I've ran through at least a dozen pairs of Keen and several Danners over the years as well.
Work boots and hiking.
Redwing Pecos boots
Keen are my ultralight goto destroy in 6 months work boots
While the danner and RW were attempts at "nice" boots at the time.
Not much past the heritage line at RW are usa anymore.
Danner are the cheaper little brother to Whites and my experience is the weatherproofing lasting about 10-11months on average.
Had 1 pair of Chippewa western boots. And I miss them dearly should have resoled those.