Pnuma Outdoors

Anyone have any experience with Pnuma Outdoors clothing? I'm interested for two reasons:

1) The camo pattern is intriguing

2) They offer an essentially unconditional lifetime warranty, to include wear and tear.

Obviously, the lifetime warranty is moot if the company isn't around long enough to support it. Any first-hand experiences good or bad??

We've been running Pnuma since shortly after it started. We've loved their closing, warranty and the people behind the company. Here's a few of our favorites.

1. Things come in waist plus length, and shirts and jackets come in tails. Both my husband and I are tall and other brands are too long in the sleeves.

2. Everything is pretty darn athletic cut.

3. we live in South Dakota.. 2 words.. HEATED VEST

4. We love the pattern, it's worked incredibly well for us! Any questions just let me know and I can always send you some names of other peeps that wear it as well if you want to follow any of us on social media to chat as well.

UTXPLR

FNG
Pnuma stuff has been great for me, I haven't had any problems with them.
The fit is great, the pattern seems to work well too.
Their jackets work great in the cold.

So far I like them. I've collected quite a bit of their stuff.

I'm thinning some of my stuff out if interested check my profile I have some for sale on here. Nearly new.

KHNC

WKR
I ordered Pnuma pants, gloves and merino shirt the day it became available. Wore it on early season hunts in 2017 for antelope , deer and elk. Very comfy. Packed it up when it got cold until august 2018. Pulled the pants out of my box last year and ALL of the pocket seams had came apart. Holes all over the pants. Called Pnuma and they PROMPTLY sent me out a duplicate pair so i would have in time for an upcoming hunt. I mailed back the faulty pair and received them pack fully repaired. Evidently it was an issue with heat sealing. They have held together fine since.

mireland62887

Lil-Rokslider
I realize I'm resurrecting an oldish post, but I'm shocked at how little this stuff has been talked about.

After pulling Montana cactus from my knees last year, the search for built in knee pads began. I had 5.11's for work that had knee pads and loved them. I didn't find them to be uncomfortable or cumbersome.

I started with a pair of Sitka Timberlines. Bought them used from here, and they are probably the best set of pants I've had for cold weather. Heavy and thick, but I like that about them. Expensive though, so I looked for other alternatives. That's how I found the Pnumas.

I did a bunch of research and found they were having a sale. 20% off solids, so I ordered a pair of Tenacity pants. I also found a used pair of the Waypoints and both arrived today.

First off, the Tanacity's came with a dry bag! Do they always do that? Who couldn't use more dry bags?!? They seem to be very well made, although the pockets are a bit over R&D'd. The knee pads and silicon armor (?) was the main selling point for me. They seem to be between a Kuiu Attack and Kuiu Guide pant in thickness. They will be a great all around pants.

The Waypoints were equally as impressive. They are similar to the Timberlines. Somewhat heavy, fleece lined, with leg vents and lower leg zippers. The pockets were just right on these.

And lifetime warranty? I'm sold. I think the Waypoint jacket will be next.

I have or have had pants from Kuiu, First Lite, Sitka, Prana, and Kuhl. The Pnuma's will likely be my go to choice in the future. I really like how these things are put together.

lck90

FNG
I’ve been considering the Selkirk line but there’s not much online for reviews. I hate to invest $600 in it without knowing what I’m getting myself into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mireland62887

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been considering the Selkirk line but there’s not much online for reviews. I hate to invest $600 in it without knowing what I’m getting myself into.

I think the Selkirk line is heavier then the Waypoint. I'm all about buying stuff that's used in lieu of spending hundreds on an experiment, but used Pnuma gear is hard to find. May want to look at the tenacity line. It's a lot more affordable, but will give you an idea of what their stuff is about.

lck90

FNG
Ended up ordering the Selkirk pants a few weeks ago when they had a sale. Snagged them for $217 shipped. I was going to send them back but used them last weekend reluctantly. The hand pockets do not have zippers and will let water in if it’s raining and they’re not covered by a jacket. Customer service also said they advise using rain gear in heavier rain. That was a disappointment to me since they advertise that it is a waterproof system. Otherwise they seem like decent pants for whitetail hunts. Not sure I’d want to use them on more active hunts.

Anyone use these yet? Have FL uncompahgre pants Wondering how these would compare from a warmth stand point.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

jpcolt

FNG
Just received the Selkirk jacket. Look and finish is great went for a walk temp 31 just tee shirt under was warm spent about 15 minutes stopped glassing still warm
5’8” 175lbs large fits great no issues with sleeves/cuff

jtmarchi

FNG
This is an older post but wondering how the product has held up for those that have purchased. Looking to start a new whitetail kit with them.

mireland62887

Lil-Rokslider
My stuff has been great, although I haven't used my Waypoint Jacket yet. It's too warm for our season so far, but it'll get a good workout in Montana in November. My go to pants for early archery are the Tenacity pants. I have zero complaints. On my pronghorn hunt this year, the knee pads were outstanding for dealing with unseen cactus. That was the main reason I started looking for pants with kneepads. Again, zero complaints so far with all of my stuff from Pnuma. This will be my second full season with them, so no real chance to compare longevity, but there are no signs of unusual wear so far.

jtmarchi

FNG
My stuff has been great, although I haven't used my Waypoint Jacket yet. It's too warm for our season so far, but it'll get a good workout in Montana in November. My go to pants for early archery are the Tenacity pants. I have zero complaints. On my pronghorn hunt this year, the knee pads were outstanding for dealing with unseen cactus. That was the main reason I started looking for pants with kneepads. Again, zero complaints so far with all of my stuff from Pnuma. This will be my second full season with them, so no real chance to compare longevity, but there are no signs of unusual wear so far.
Thanks for the reply and update.

Petro00D

FNG
They use quality materials and the design is well thought out, but their customer service and quality control is really bad. I ordered a pair of pants in Sept. It took a month to arrive and then the size was all out of proportion. Tried calling the company but that is impossible since they do not pick up the phone. An email response takes over a week if they even get back to you. Once I did get a response I sent the pants back. They have had the pants for two weeks and I still have not heard anything. Trying to get these pants have taken over 2 months. When you considere you are paying just as much for their gear as Sitka, better to go with Sitka since you can try them on in a store. I am done with Pnuma.

jtmarchi

FNG
They use quality materials and the design is well thought out, but their customer service and quality control is really bad. I ordered a pair of pants in Sept. It took a month to arrive and then the size was all out of proportion. Tried calling the company but that is impossible since they do not pick up the phone. An email response takes over a week if they even get back to you. Once I did get a response I sent the pants back. They have had the pants for two weeks and I still have not heard anything. Trying to get these pants have taken over 2 months. When you considere you are paying just as much for their gear as Sitka, better to go with Sitka since you can try them on in a store. I am done with Pnuma.
That is disappointing to hear since they recently launched new gear that I was looking into.

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
That does suck, but you do have to take into consideration this Covid madness. That certainly doesn't make up for the issue, but some of the best customer service departments have been terrible of late.

I like pnuma. I first bought waypoint I returned them just couldn’t see something I could see through as being insulated enough for ny. Return took about a month for cash return. I now own Selkirk it’s tough fits nice I can fit a Kuhl merino fleece jacket and a merino thermal under it. The pants are quite enough better than my Sitka mountain pants they are terribly noisy. I harvested 7 deer and a moose this year and each got a laundry session. They are now no longer waterproof as when I first bought them. Air drying doesn’t take too long. Bramble bushes are a bit noisey haven’t had any tears yet. Some of the vinyl stuff on knees beginning to peel. Has clasp and button on pants that are pretty tough and should have popped off on me but didn’t. I like them overall. But I do like kryptek also I also like Sitka for wet days I love insulating with kuhl.

mireland62887

Lil-Rokslider
I'll throw in an update....this was my first year using the Waypoint jacket.

I'll say this...for car style hunting/camping, the Waypoint line was spot on. For me, it's my 'go to' cold weather gear. If I'm doing a backcountry park in hunt, which is usually in warmer weather, I'll stick to my FL gear. But this year in Montana we had a couple of nasty days. Single digit weather and 30-40 MPH sustained winds. I was never cold. Not once. I'm 100% sold on this gear for cold weather. Layered with some merino FL layers and an Umcopahgre (never know how to spell it), I was totally comfortable.

I'm eyeing their new pack next.....

Attachments

• IMG_5411.jpg
    IMG_5411.jpg
    523.2 KB · Views: 70