Pnuma

I have seen a few threads about Pnuma, but nothing recent. Anyone have opinions on the gear? The wind stopping properties has caught my attention, and their camo pattern is very close to FL.

NDGuy

WKR
I'm mostly interested in their heated vest, wonder if it's worth it.

Not a lot out there on it and guys have complained that heater vests in general are pretty meh.

OP
switchback7
I have never owned a vest LOL so i have no idea. I saw an ad for pnuma and checked em out. Theyre interesting. With those heated vests, you have to carry a battery , right?

i just got their waypoint gloves. very soft leather palms have to see how durable are they. i have there selkirk jacket really quiet handles snow pretty well. i also have their tenacity gaiter pants only wore a couple times but really breathable.

OP
switchback7
I am looking for a wind stopping layer such as their waypoint vest. anyone try one of them babies on?

H80Hunter

WKR
The vest is great. Does far more to keep you warm for $150 than, for example, the FL furnace.

The battery is small, like maybe 1/2 to 2/3(ish?) the size of a deck of playing cards. You don't know it's there. Extra batteries are available. For me on medium it lasts about 3 hours on a charge.

Erictski

FNG
I'm mostly interested in their heated vest, wonder if it's worth it.

Not a lot out there on it and guys have complained that heater vests in general are pretty meh.
It’s worth it but you need extra batteries depending on your plan for using it.
I sit all day so about 10 hours. I use 3 batteries to keep the vest on medium the whole time. I could go 2 batteries on low but I like to keep it on medium and wear 1 less layer.

MR5X5

FNG
Just picked up some Selkirk pants on a deal. Seem to be very well made. Got turned onto them by a trapper, who said they were hands down more durable than his Sitka gear.

Hondo

WKR
A guy I was in camp with in Wyoming had Pnuma gear and it looked well designed and constructed. He was a seasoned hunter with plenty of experience with other brands so on his recommendation I decided to snag a pair of Waypoint pants recently on the cheap. They haven't arrived yet but I am anxious to give them a go and see how they stack up against my other pants.

PriceTA13

FNG
I haven't used it, but it does seem to be heavier than the other brands across the board.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

CoolRain8

FNG
How has their customer service been as far as everyone's experience with their products?

Good question, I talked to a gal on the phone about it and she told me just what I stated above. Now I haven't sent anything in on a warranty claim yet so who knows things could change I guess. Anyone send anything in for warranty work yet?

rdbunch20

FNG
I have their merino base layers and really like them. Warm, don't stink after days of wearing, and not itchy.
I also have have their rain jacket and pants bit haven't had to use them yet. Really well constructed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

joshf303

Lil-Rokslider
Curious about Pnuma myself....

Any other reports, mainly on their rain gear?

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Sorry - no experience with their rain gear, but I have the heated vest and really like it. I'm considering the heated long johns.