Poacher got caught...

Poser

WKR
Earl Russel Benes. Just sound like the name of a serial poacher. I have not directly encountered poaching since moving out to CO, but my experience growing up in rural TN was that serial poachers come from families of poachers: Dads , uncles, cousins, grandpas... they are raised that way. It’s like being born into a mob family and they won’t ever change. Round up the Benes and sterilize every last one of them.

guys I live in the SE corner of redneckville Oklahoma. I guess poaching is a way of life. its not just a few that do it here. its stupid crazy. I would guess there are hundreds of deer illegally killed here every year. Now I will say that most don't get wasted, although there are several every year found with their head cut off and the backstraps and maybe one ham taken. Makes me sick.
I know a couple personally. But so does the game wardens. one puts up $4K a year just to pay his fines. Thats because his lawyer charges him (and others) $1K and he'll get them out of it. So in my books, he's just as bad.

This crap will never change with the current system. It’s cheaper to get caught poaching than it is to go on a guided hunt or to lease land to hunt.

Azone

WKR
Great that they got him, but unless he is gonna be in a cell the rest of his life he will probably be back to his old ways when he is released. Its is a damn shame about the elk being wasted.

RMac5

Lil-Rokslider
What a POS! I would beat his ass if I could. He should spend years in prison for this. No telling what other poaching he’s done but didn’t get caught.

kiddogy

WKR
Idk what the final punishment will be, but going forward he shouldn't be allowed to even look at a game animal in my opinion...So glad they caught him with the help and encouragement of multiple organizations.

https://mtstandard.com/lifestyles/r...cle_e7956851-48ab-585f-8db3-5cac3bd7dc32.html

Mods feel free to delete if this has been posted elsewhere...
the man clearly has no respect for the law or his fellow citizens .

IMHO , he should simply have his throat slit in a public execution

Sounds like it ought to be handled the same way the punnish deliquents in Singapore...get out the cane and start swinging ...wake him up after he passes out and finish the job.

matthewmt

WKR
I've been playing by the rules and hiking my ass off for an opportunity at a legal bull!
What a scum bag, to say the least..

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk