Pocatello Idaho

Spoonbill

WKR
If the job pays well and you can afford to travel and pay for all the outdoor activities Idaho has to offer, then it could be worth it. It also depends where you are moving from, the culture shock could be the biggest issue. That being said, if it is not to your liking there are a ton of great places in this state to live.

I went to college there and lived there four years. It wasn’t bad. There are plenty of hunting, hiking, and fishing opportunities nearby.

jmcd22

WKR
Went to college there. Wind and snow. I was told "do not call if you're outside" after about the 4th call home...lol. My last year there we got a few inches May 10th if my mind serves me...and it wasn't that snow that was gone by mid afternoon...it hung around for a few days...

Pwells10

WKR
I live in Pocatello. Born and raised. Good hunting near by. One of the best deer tags you can draw is out the back door. Besides the hunting, Pocatello is very political. It's about who's coot you're sniffing and not about what you can bring to the table. The highschools you gotta watch for. Which parents are up which coach's a$$. Ive learned from experience lol.

bigdesert10

Lil-Rokslider
Have you seen Napoleon Dynamite? Many thought that movie was a fictional comedy. It was really a documentary about southern Idaho. I’m only sort of kidding..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the honest truth. Also, we only have dial-up internet, no indoor plumbing and you have to hand pump your gas. You'd probably hate it.

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
Grew up in American Falls which is 20 miles away until I graduated back in 2004. It's been a long time since I've lived in that area but I still get back occasionally to see old friends. It's changed a lot, lots of new development but there's still crappy parts of town. Mainly old-town Pocatello. There was a lot of sketchy people in that part of town when I lived there one summer after high school. Maybe it's gotten better though.

We used to go to Poce for fun since there wasn't much to do in AF. There are much better parts of Idaho to live in unless you really like desert but I still remember that area as home so it's always gonna hold good memories for me. There's a nice hot springs nearby (Lava Hot Springs) and Pebble Creek ski area is a good hill if you ski or board (when there's good snow). It's close to SLC if you need access to a big airport. There's lots of hunting opportunities as others have said too. I didn't hunt that area growing up so I can't speak to it but I've heard good things.

Last edited:

CorbLand

WKR
Grew up in American Falls which is 20 miles away until I graduated back in 2004. It's been a long time since I've lived in that area but I still get back occasionally to see old friends. It's changed a lot, lots of new development but there's still crappy parts of town. Mainly old-town Pocatello. There was a lot of sketchy people in that part of town when I lived there one summer after high school. Maybe it's gotten better though.

We used to go to Poce for fun since there wasn't much to do in AF. There are much better parts of Idaho to live in unless you really like desert but I still remember that area as home so it's always gonna hold good memories for me. There's a nice hot springs nearby (Lava Hot Springs) and Pebble Creek ski area is a good hill if you ski or board (when there's snow). It's close to SLC if you need access to a big airport. There's lots of hunting opportunities as others have said too. I didn't hunt that area growing up so I can't speak to it but I've heard good things.

America Falls? Shit, you guys were big time you had a stop light and Pizza Hut. Hahahaha. I grew up in Aberdeen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk