Podcast help (hurry), NR tag opps

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
hey all, I'm doing a fill-in podcast for Jordan while she's in AK filming.

Wanna mention any opps to get a NR mule deer buck tag this late in the season. Things have changed so much in last decade. Didn't used to have to worry about this stuff, for OTC opps anyway.

I know Idaho/Colorado have the leftover lists rolling (like playing lotto). What other opps are out there? I can't think of any OTC opps this late, but I might be drawing a blank. and if you don't wanna share, I get it! hahahah Hopefully that guy has his tag

HuntNTag

WKR
Nebraska does leftover sales starting in August. You do have to be careful with these because they are unit specific due to them not selling out and they have antlered or antlerless. Best would be for someone to contact Nebraska directly.

Last year many didn’t sell out until November for firearm. I know there are lots of firearm interested folks out there!

Nebraska also offers statewide or unit specific tags in the draw which gets confusing based on the cost structures.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Nebraska does leftover sales starting in August. You do have to be careful with these because they are unit specific due to them not selling out and they have antlered or antlerless. Best would be for someone to contact Nebraska directly.

Last year many didn’t sell out until November for firearm. I know there are lots of firearm interested folks out there!

Nebraska also offers statewide or unit specific tags in the draw which gets confusing based on the cost structures.

Thanks man. Just looking for any last minute items for some poor soul who wants to hunt deer this year but screwed around and didn’t get a tag. So good to know that’s out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HuntNTag

WKR
Thanks man. Just looking for any last minute items for some poor soul who wants to hunt deer this year but screwed around and didn’t get a tag. So good to know that’s out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup! I hear ya. I do tag apps for clients and I’ve had quite a few doing it super late.

Right now is super late in the game, even 2 weeks was a while ago but when taking mule deer, it gets nitty gritty this late in the game.

Hope the podcast goes well!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Yup! I hear ya. I do tag apps for clients and I’ve had quite a few doing it super late.

Right now is super late in the game, even 2 weeks was a while ago but when taking mule deer, it gets nitty gritty this late in the game.

Hope the podcast goes well!
(y) (y) (y) (y)

CorbLand

WKR
thanks, wow, just a few muzz tags and it closes in 6 days!
I wouldnt purchase one. It will take Utah 2 weeks to ship you the tag but they wont tell you that until after you buy it, then charge you for a reprint. If you call them about it, they will act as if its your fault that it takes them 2 weeks to ship a tag an hour and half north...dont ask me how I know.

HuntNTag

WKR
I wouldnt purchase one. It will take Utah 2 weeks to ship you the tag but they wont tell you that until after you buy it, then charge you for a reprint. If you call them about it, they will act as if its your fault that it takes them 2 weeks to ship a tag an hour and half north...dont ask me how I know.

Now that right there is great info!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
well you just saved some poor soul some cash

Block

WKR
California has 2500ish D8 tags available. It’s an option, just not a good one.

Can still buy AO tags in cali and archery hunt ANY D-zone.,. Some of them are open thru November. You can basically hunt different zones from Aug-Nov with a bow

Last edited: