Point On

58 pounds, 30 inch draw, 182 FPS, 600 grain full length x-impact 37 yard point on. I’m about 16 inches low at 20 yards. It’s a big gap but it’s about as heavy as I want to go and I like my anchor point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Page Master
There’s lots of ways to lessen gap. One is lengthening arrow but yours are already there. To me 5/8” nock is too low already. I keep it up at the very point I start to see probs. Form is key, people with it often get away with lots more. I use split finger but middle finger anchor. Same as 3 under.
Im not a fan of crawling or walking as it makes a bow noisier most times.
What broadheads do you use? Say it was a heavy head, you could substitute it for something lighter and add woody weights to make up weight. It would lengthen arrow in the process. May or may not work. Are you purely gapping or shooting split vision?
I am gapping. I have the ethics outserts, so I am adding a little bit of length already. I have 285g of point weight.

Sounds like your overdrawing.

Nah, my compound is 28-28.5'' usually and I draw 27-27.25'' with the stick. I just have a REAL fat face lol I wear glasses too, so getting the string that close to my eyes has caught em before.

Foggy Mountain

Lil-Rokslider
I am gapping. I have the ethics outserts, so I am adding a little bit of length already. I have 285g of point weight.

Nah, my compound is 28-28.5'' usually and I draw 27-27.25'' with the stick. I just have a REAL fat face lol I wear glasses too, so getting the string that close to my eyes has caught em If you anchor to your lip corner you’re face should be behind that

Nah, my compound is 28-28.5'' usually and I draw 27-27.25'' with the stick. I just have a REAL fat face lol I wear glasses too, so getting the string that close to my eyes has caught em before.
If you’re anchoring you your lip your face is behind it. Now if you’re contacting your face that could change shot to shot and be problematic. A buddy of mine one time was certifying.
You’re glasses hitting also confuse me. If I wear larger type glasses, they touch in front pushing them back w a styk. Smaller glasses I have zero issue. I can’t see them catching anything. Can you post a video? I’ll see if I can help you

OP
Page Master
If you’re anchoring you your lip your face is behind it. Now if you’re contacting your face that could change shot to shot and be problematic. A buddy of mine one time was certifying.
You’re glasses hitting also confuse me. If I wear larger type glasses, they touch in front pushing them back w a styk. Smaller glasses I have zero issue. I can’t see them catching anything. Can you post a video? I’ll see if I can help you

I could, but I was playing a bunch this weekend and got it sorted out. When I shot with Rod, he mentioned it too, but didn't think it was going to cause any serious issues. I appreciate the help. I went to full length Rampage 350's with 285g of point weight and tuned it to a 1/4'' FC which is giving me awesome flight and a way more manageable point on. I think my total arrow weight is ~575g.

I know what you mean about having a louder bow with a FC though. Part of the reason I wanted to stay away from it, but my groups are so much better with one it is hard to not feel confident not using it. I added a little more weight to the arrow to help with sound and I have 4 puffs and yarn wraps. The bow is quiet with both set ups.

Foggy Mountain

Lil-Rokslider
I could, but I was playing a bunch this weekend and got it sorted out. When I shot with Rod, he mentioned it too, but didn't think it was going to cause any serious issues. I appreciate the help. I went to full length Rampage 350's with 285g of point weight and tuned it to a 1/4'' FC which is giving me awesome flight and a way more manageable point on. I think my total arrow weight is ~575g.

I know what you mean about having a louder bow with a FC though. Part of the reason I wanted to stay away from it, but my groups are so much better with one it is hard to not feel confident not using it. I added a little more weight to the arrow to help with sound and I have 4 puffs and yarn wraps. The bow is quiet with both set ups.
No worries if you need anything let me know. Good luck to ya