Point weight/spine

406unltd

WKR
Next year I’m going to make the leap and go full ratard on the Valkyrie system. As of right now I’m running a realm x
30.5” of draw
70# limb
29.5” carbon to carbon GT PP 250’s
125 grain heads
168 total grains up front

My plan was to buy black eagle x impact arrows in 250’s and tip them with the 160 grain jaggers and 54 grain ss centerpin sleeve for a total of 214 up front. I will be shooting the same bow. The only thing I questioned was if my spine would be stiff enough for that setup or if I’d need to trim the arrow length a little or go to a 200 spine. Any help or first hand experience with this situation would be a great help so I can make the right decision the first time. Thank you guys for any help

No way you’ll need to go to a 200spine. Can trim some off back of arrow once system is installed if you need to or put a little more weight back there with arrow wrap, heavy vanes, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
No way you’ll need to go to a 200spine. Can trim some off back of arrow once system is installed if you need to or put a little more weight back there with arrow wrap, heavy vanes, etc.

What do you suppose max point weight would be on that spine and shaft length with those bow specs?

Ira040

FNG
I am basically running the same arrow as you, and am thinking of playing with the same thing to just see what happens.

I have been playing around with Archers Advantage with both setups, With my Platinum Pierce's I had to cut them down a touch more to stiffen them up. But I have a heavier 4 fletch on the back that weakens it a touch more.

As for your X Impacts it said if you cut them to 29", 215 Grains up front, light 3 fletch, for a 530 grain arrow. you are in the Marginal week zone. bump the bow down to 68# and it goes to slightly weak. you are pushing it with the 250's but it could work.

wabowman

Lil-Rokslider
You will be surprised what you can do once you get your foc over 18%.
I would be looking at the 300 spine with 200+ up front.
The guy to really ask Brent what he recommends.
I know guys running his system with 30" DL 300spine and 225 up front.
You need to throw out conventional thought with spine when you go to an FOC system.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
You will be surprised what you can do once you get your foc over 18%.
I would be looking at the 300 spine with 200+ up front.
The guy to really ask Brent what he recommends.
I know guys running his system with 30" DL 300spine and 225 up front.
You need to throw out conventional thought with spine when you go to an FOC system.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Ok will do thank you

OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
I am basically running the same arrow as you, and am thinking of playing with the same thing to just see what happens.

I have been playing around with Archers Advantage with both setups, With my Platinum Pierce's I had to cut them down a touch more to stiffen them up. But I have a heavier 4 fletch on the back that weakens it a touch more.

As for your X Impacts it said if you cut them to 29", 215 Grains up front, light 3 fletch, for a 530 grain arrow. you are in the Marginal week zone. bump the bow down to 68# and it goes to slightly weak. you are pushing it with the 250's but it could work.
Running max stealth 4 fletch on the rear. They are heavy. Hoping that helps a little. Thanks for looking all that up

Next year I’m going to make the leap and go full ratard on the Valkyrie system. As of right now I’m running a realm x
30.5” of draw
70# limb
29.5” carbon to carbon GT PP 250’s
125 grain heads
168 total grains up front

My plan was to buy black eagle x impact arrows in 250’s and tip them with the 160 grain jaggers and 54 grain ss centerpin sleeve for a total of 214 up front. I will be shooting the same bow. The only thing I questioned was if my spine would be stiff enough for that setup or if I’d need to trim the arrow length a little or go to a 200 spine. Any help or first hand experience with this situation would be a great help so I can make the right decision the first time. Thank you guys for any help

how long is the centerpin system? if its say 2 inches long that shortens the dynamic spine so you would put in 27.5 in the system. looks long I think you might be able to get away with it

this. Your shaft doesn’t start to bend until after the insert. You’ll have to experiment with weight before hand and possibly move your arrow rest back for the most forgiving setup for bh flight. You want the insert to be right on or directly in front of rest inside arrow.

TheViking

WKR
this. Your shaft doesn’t start to bend until after the insert. You’ll have to experiment with weight before hand and possibly move your arrow rest back for the most forgiving setup for bh flight. You want the insert to be right on or directly in front of rest inside arrow.

I disagree with this.

I had 28” arrow, 300 spine arrow with 225 up front and I had a hell of a time getting it to tune. I took a guys advice and went to a 29” 250 spine and it’s night and day difference in groups and tuning ability.

Maxed 70# Hoyt Helix with 29.5” draw

OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
I disagree with this.

I had 28” arrow, 300 spine arrow with 225 up front and I had a hell of a time getting it to tune. I took a guys advice and went to a 29” 250 spine and it’s night and day difference in groups and tuning ability.

Maxed 70# Hoyt Helix with 29.5” draw

So you think I should be able to pull it off?

TheViking

WKR
All you can do is try. Every bow and setup is different, and each likes different things.

I chose a stiffer spine also because I want my arrow flattened out and not flexing when it impacts an animal. It makes a world of difference it terms of penetration.

You shooting Valkyrie system CastleRocker?
I’ve gotten a setup like that to tune at around 62#.

I shoot a 250spine with with 250 up front and have a 84# Prime/30.5” draw. Arrows are cut at 27.4”.

OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
I asked Brent and he said I’d be good to go leaving arrow at 29.5 and using an easton G nock, 4 fletch max pros, 210 jagger, 21 grain sleeve. I trust him and his knowledge of his system. I will however be able to cut some off the back end if needed. Fingers crossed thanks for the help

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
A 250 spine will be plenty stiff enough especially with a Valkryrie set up or using Ethics Archery Outserts. Mainly because an internal insert and footer changes the spine stiffness (stiffer). I shoot a 80lb Elite 32 Freedom build ( Elite Option Limbs) and had it tune perfect with a Black Eagle Rampage 250 and 365 grains in the front of the arrow. My draw length is 30" and I cut my arrows to 28" carbon to carbon. So a 29.5 carbon to carbon with only 214 grains up front and your set up should be just fine. If it also helps I have shot the 250 X-Impacts with the E32 Freedom build with 315 grains up front and it does fine.

If it gives you and idea of the speed my bow shoots a 600 grain arrow at 268 fps and I have not doubts that a 250 spine will be enough for 415 grains up front for this years elk hunt.

Last edited:
OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
A 250 spine will be plenty stiff enough especially with a Valkryrie set up or using Ethics Archery Outserts. Mainly because an internal insert and footer changes the spine stiffness (stiffer). I shoot a 80lb Elite 32 Freedom build ( Elite Option Limbs) and had it tune perfect with a Black Eagle Rampage 250 and 365 grains in the front of the arrow. My draw length is 30" and I cut my arrows to 28" carbon to carbon. So a 29.5 carbon to carbon with only 214 grains up front and your set up should be just fine. If it also helps I have shot the 250 X-Impacts with the E32 Freedom build with 315 grains up front and it does fine.

If it gives you and idea of the speed my bow shoots a 600 grain arrow at 268 fps and I have not doubts that a 250 spine will be enough for 415 grains up front for this years elk hunt.
That’s awesome. Sounds like a killer setup. I can’t wait to get them next year. I figured if I get a wild hair I can always cut them down a little and put ss sleeves on them and bump it up even more. Good luck this year and thanks for the info!

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
That’s awesome. Sounds like a killer setup. I can’t wait to get them next year. I figured if I get a wild hair I can always cut them down a little and put ss sleeves on them and bump it up even more. Good luck this year and thanks for the info!

You too sir. It is definitely getting closer to September.