Pointers....

Wrench

WKR
Fun times...I had a chance to try out the new GPS collar with my pup. We headed for some area that just melted off and hiked in and she went on point.

I called her off after I heard the bark of the elk.....Screenshot_20210530-073021_Gallery.jpg

My pup is under 30lbs and the calf wasn't much bigger. No cow in sight, but I pulled out ASAP to avoid pressure. Seeing calves in our area is great. Wolves have been a big problem.

Wassid82

WKR
One time I had a pointing lab out with me in spring time while I was fly fishing in ID. He kept sneaking off a little ways and I would call him back then he disappeared. about a minute later the bushes were rustling right next to me and out pops a spotted elk calve into the river right next to me and my dog followed. I thought crud I'm going to get stomped to death in the middle of the river by a mad momma....I called off the dog and we fished elsewhere....glad it ended well for the calve, me and my puppy.....but like you I didnt want to disturb the elk. It was cool to be that close. I was within an arm's reach