Poke me in the eye and kick me in the shins!!

OP
Howard Mee

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
One thing I hadn’t realized until I visited with the Old Man at the bow shop is this:
I had always chosen my spine based on draw weight.
The newer, more aggressive cams snap over so fast with so much torque I needed to move to a stiffer spine. That seemed to help a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
I can relate...
Been beating my head against the wall on a new bow as I've had a tuning issue for awhile now. I could never get a clean hole, let alone a consistent tear with it. I thought maybe the bow was just grip sensitive. Couple days ago I was shooting broadheads and was 9" right at 30. 😳 I was done! F-it, going back to the backup bow!

On a whim, I changed rests. And bam, within 3 shots I had a clean bareshaft hole and I got my broadheads hitting with field points at 30. Shot out to 50 this morning, grouped with field points. I'm still not sure why the other rest wasn't working for me. 🤨 Ironic thing is, the rest I ended up changing to is the same one I have on two other bows. I should have just gone with it from the beginning.

I do like how this bow holds and shoots, but I'm glad I have another bow I have confidence in for this season. If I can keep shooting clean like today, I may hunt with it. May....

OP
Howard Mee

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here is something I have thought about a lot throughout this process...

What if I didn’t already know what I was capable of as an archer? I’m not awesome, but what if I didn’t have a history of shooting tight groups? I probably never would have know anything was wrong. I would have assumed that these random groups were as good as it could get

My 2 cents... go to a pro shop or find an experienced archer. Study and learn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
Ugh. I'm going back to my original bow for awhile. This PSE is just frustrating me and killing my confidence.

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
Was nuts this year, practicing on a local 3 d course I started missing low of course I checked everything and double checked 4 broken arrows latter my wife said what about your range finder? Ding ding it was reading 5 to 7 yards off. Warranty was fantastic had it back before my season started last Saturday. Only had 5 shootable arrows left. No time with work to build some so I tried black ovis over 33 days to build them. No worries they got here Monday will be fresh for elk season. I only needed 2 anyways for deer tag and only one needs refletched. It's archery something will always go wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Got a new bow last year and setup at a shop i been to only once before. Struggled to get comfortable with it but was busy last year and figure lack of practice. This year practice more ,but felt the same started doing my own work and played with the peep. Feels better now. Now i bought that bow to replace my first bow that never holds a tune. It always falls apart during the season. So i am trying to at least get it going incase bow one malfunction. Might try to setup my dads old bow darton also. Also down a few arrows this year and components to build them are nowhere.