Polaris RZR

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
I’m looking at a few different options. I just don’t think I can stomach 22k for a new one, and that’s a base model!!! That being said, I found a 2009 rzr that is priced right (still haven’t seen it in person). The miles are showing 1100 plus and it’s showing 500 hours. That’s 2mph average? Doesn’t make sense. Either it idled a lot, did a lot of slow stuff like plowing or someone replaced the electronic odo but the original hours remained? Is that possible? The owner is the second owner, he’s had it a year, said it’s been great but he’s going to a 4 seater because his daughter and wife both want to ride at the same time.

Skimmed through this thread. Where are you located? Any width restriction in your area?

I purchased my UTV primarily for hunting, therefore I was limited to 50” machines as a majority of the trails around me are USFS 50”. I rented a UTV from a local business who has Polaris & Can Am in the fleet. The guy renting the machines said his Polaris fleet is constantly in the shop. He told me he personally owns a Can Am. Take that for what is worth.

I thought the Razor was more sporty, but preferred the Maverick trail with the longer wheelbase and the additional leg room (2”).

I’ve added a Winch, aftermarket tires, light bar, front cargo rack, roof, gun mount, windshield, and doors so far. UTV’s are a money pit. Don’t forgot to account for insurance and especially repairs if purchasing an older UTV.

Also, if you have kids just get a 4 seater. Most ads I see are people selling their 2 seater because they need a UTV to accommodate their family.

If I were to purchase a non 50” machine, I’d take a hard look at the newer Commander or the Yamaha Wolverine.
D1760FC7-CC93-45FB-95E1-0E6EF2778D6C.jpeg

Last edited:

tdhanses

WKR
I’m looking at a few different options. I just don’t think I can stomach 22k for a new one, and that’s a base model!!! That being said, I found a 2009 rzr that is priced right (still haven’t seen it in person). The miles are showing 1100 plus and it’s showing 500 hours. That’s 2mph average? Doesn’t make sense. Either it idled a lot, did a lot of slow stuff like plowing or someone replaced the electronic odo but the original hours remained? Is that possible? The owner is the second owner, he’s had it a year, said it’s been great but he’s going to a 4 seater because his daughter and wife both want to ride at the same time.
Make sure you have a few fire extinguisher’s, the polaris models, especially older ones are known for catching fire.