Polarized Sunglasses

traildust

Lil-Rokslider
Hard to beat Oakley Gibston's with bronze prizm lenses for the price.
>$100 on ebay and other places
If you're hard on glasses like I am....they are about bullet-proof

Wags

WKR
Prescription adds so much to the cost, I never have had a nice pair of sunglasses

I have a set of Spy's that are polarized with my RX in them. Seriously one of the best things I've bought in years. I have VSP + and used my insurance on them so the cost wasn't much. It's cheaper to by clear frames/lenses out of pocket than RX sunglasses so if you do have insurance I'd recommend trying that.

hunt1up

WKR
I'm a Maui Jim fanboy. I've had several Oakleys and Costas as well. Oakleys truly are overrated and overpriced. Costas a great but the ones I had just didn't fit me how I wanted. I use the Maui Jims for pretty much everyhing, hunting, fishing, driving, you name it. I'll throw on a cheap pair if I'm mowing grass or something like that.

Costa 580G for me. Super clear, durable, and comfortable enough to wear all day. Got them at a steep discount 10 years ago working at the old Gander Mountain.

schmalzy

WKR
Costa 580g spearo xl. About the only wide framed, classic/square sunglasses I can find with glass lenses. Really like them, but have had to replace multiple costas previously on warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fendrick

FNG
Costa guys, which lens color do you prefer? General use and fishing lakes and rivers (WI).

580g Blue mirror. The green is maybe a touch better for shallow water fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep the Costa reps would say green mirror for fresh water but I like blue mirror for the least amount of light transmission but I got sensitive eyes. Plus I think blue looks better on sunglasses

My LASIK doctor recommended polarized lenses with real glass, so I ended up in Costas 13 yeas ago. I had to get one pair warrantied when the finish wore off, and I've sent back pairs for new lenses when I wrecked or broke them. I watch for Costas to be on clearance and snap them up, especially the plastic lense ones for cheap. Then, after I wreck the lenses, I send them in for glass replacements, its really affordable and easy.

Steepandeep1

Lil-Rokslider
I wear heat wave visual, polarized and their z87 so I can wear them at work. Pretty reasonable price wise, not cheap, but cheap enough if I lose a pair I’m not upset. I have some shady ray’s and their not bad either.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I’ve found Eddie Bauer polarized are every bit as crisp as my Smith and Oakleys. Ans around 20 bucks