Polarized Sunglasses

Trial153

WKR
Really depends. i think for general use most of top brands in there respectice price ranges are decent. However when it comes to seeming fish and being on the water over 100 days a year ...Costa really shined for me with Smith's a distant second. I would rotate through three pairs on any given day on the water. The tanish lenses see the most use except for midday sun. They also work to best for me while driving.
I am at the point where I just but Costa and forget it

kickemall

WKR
I like Costa but for most everyday use I use Ryder's. Under a hundred bucks and have a great wrap to keep wind and sun out.

I would suggest Costa as well, glass lenses make all the difference. You never scratch them. If you ever have an accident with them, like you wife steps on them, their warranty service is great.

davsco

WKR
serengeti's have been my favorite. no glare, but lets lot of light in. i have oakley's now (costco isn't selling serengeti now), and along with vuarnet, sure they cut down on glare but neither let a lot of light thru. i am trying to replace the serengeti model i have but they don't make that model any more.

kda082

WKR
Like has been mentioned STP is a great place to buy at discount, even Costas. I have Oakley Straightlinks in deep blue prizm polarized and love them. Store them when not on my head which hopefully helps me not lose them. Yes, a step under Costas maybe but I like them. I also like SPy with the happy lens.

Last edited:

87TT

WKR
I try never to pay more than $10 a pair and always buy polarized (for fishing). I usually buy 3 or 4 pairs. Then if they get lost or scratched real bad, I grab a new pair. When I used to wear prescription sunglasses, I wore Ray Bans. But they were always on a leash and only cleaned after freshwater rinse and soft cotton cloth. Don't miss the high maintenance.

Coyote188

FNG
I have had really good luck with Suncloud polarized, hard to beat for the price. Have been trying to talk myself into Costas for years, but I just can't seem to pull the trigger at their price point.

WYLight

FNG
Nothing beats Costa Del Mar. Ray ban and Oakley compare to Walmart polarized sunglasses IMO

OP
Rokwiia

Rokwiia

WKR
Enough people here have convinced me to consider spending more money on a quality pair. Here are a few I'm looking at:

1) Oakley Flight Jacket
2) Smith Guides Choice ChromaPop +
3) Smith Attack/Wildcat ChromaPop
4) Costa Jose (or any other model)

They're all about the same money. If selecting from this list what would be the best choice?

Yettiluke

FNG
I am in the Costa camp as well. I have worn the cheapos from Walmart and Oakley's in the past, but they don't compare to the fit of the Costas that I have.

Yettiluke

FNG
Enough people here have convinced me to consider spending more money on a quality pair. Here are a few I'm looking at:

1) Oakley Flight Jacket

They're all about the same money. If selecting from this list what would be the best choice?
If it were me I would go for the Costas. Another benefit that I have found for having a more quality pair is that I seem to take better care of them than the cheaper ones.

amack26

Lil-Rokslider
I have had a set of the Knoxville XL from Electric for the past 6 years now. The polarized lenses are awesome. They have gone with me everywhere. I wish I could afford the Costa's but for now these will have to do. They are Italian made and great quality. My dog decided to give them a taste test. I got replacement lenses for them and hit them with some high grit sand paper and they are back in business

https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Visual-Knoxville-Polarized-Sunglasses/dp/B00IJY28DG

1) Oakley Flight Jacket

Costa for me. Anything with a glass lens will be a game changer for you. It is damn near impossible to scratch a lens.

bowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Costa.

Just got a prescription pair with the 580p Trivex lenses and they are amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turner

Lil-Rokslider
Flying Fishermen with rhino lenses are my go to, great shades at a great price