Polarizing Filter?

texjitter

Lil-Rokslider
I've been into hobby photography for about a year now. Most of my shots are outdoors and at all times of the day. I am using a Nikon D3500 with a 35mm/1.8 lens. Do any of ya'll recommend using a polarizing filter for better colors and overall quality?

It will be like night and day different. Just like putting on polarized sun glasses. All the glare is gone. Blue skies are much bluer. Clouds "pop" against the sky. Soooooo much better

For any outdoor landscape shot, I'd say I use it 80% of the time. About the only time I don't is very lae int he day when the sun has more or less set, and I need all the light I can get.

Wapiti1

WKR
Yes, you it can help improve colors, haze and contrast. Just understand how it works, and that it cuts a stop of light. The effect changes with angle to the sun, and you can get really great effects as well as odd effects.

Jeremy

eosone

FNG
I agree completely with the above advice ! Yes to a circular polarizer.
Much richer color in foliage, skies will be blue again, and you can take the reflections off water and even see 'into' water to capture logs, fish and more.

Yes, you will have about one stop slower shutter speed though.

What everyone above has said and the filter will help protect the front element of the lens i always run a polarizing filter just for that advantage.

Once you get one and rotate it while looking through the camera you should see the richness of colors as you rotate. As someone mentioned they add protection as well.

stu#71

FNG
Is there a “Best Buy” out there or a recommended manufacturer, or are all the uv filters much the same please?