Political threads

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
They’re a two-edged sword. Sometimes I like having that information available on those threads here on rokslide, other times I wanna delete them. They seem to bring out the worst. Maybe someday will have to come up with “no political” threads rule. It would be murky, but it might get us back to what this place is for, hunting talk and info. And if you post on here that “Hunting is politics,” I’m going to delete the post. Ha ha ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chasewild

WKR
They’re a two-edged sword. Sometimes I like having that information available on those threads here on rokslide, other times I wanna delete them. They seem to bring out the worst. Maybe someday will have to come up with “no political” threads rule. It would be murky, but it might get us back to what this place is for, hunting talk and info. And if you post on here that “Hunting is politics,” I’m going to delete the post. Ha ha ha ha

This is why I prefer Rokslide over some other sites. Nothing against those forums, but I prefer the hunt hard and shut up types.

Please do not limit your "helping" to those only posting on the political threads. Expand that to the ones who continually litter any threads with political rants.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Muley-lets not stop there, how about we institute peer review. No other program “keeps it real” like that does.
Heck, let’s have some fun with it. Maybe after the hot wash, rockslide brass issues limited draw tags for TROLLS....

Laramie

WKR
Unfortunately politics has really had an impact on what hunting is to many of us today. There are constantly issues going on that really need to be discussed imo. I understand, and agree with, your reasoning, but sometimes it's hard to not cross that oftentimes blurry line.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unfortunately politics has really had an impact on what hunting is to many of us today. There are constantly issues going on that really need to be discussed imo. I understand, and agree with, your reasoning, but sometimes it's hard to not cross that oftentimes blurry line.
Some people look for every opportunity jump onto thier political soapbox, that's not acceptable going forward.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

RCB

WKR

Have you considered creating a "Non-Hunting" board where people can talk about miscellaneous topics? I get that "General Discussion" would contain that stuff, but sometimes General Discussion is still a place where we can talk about hunting topics that might not fall into the boards that are provided. For example, I did a "how do you handle water in late season?" thread recently. It didn't seem to fall into just a "gear" discussion, so I put it in General Discussion. That's hunting related, whereas "What are you thoughts about the Kung Flu" is not...

RCB

WKR
BTW this is probably obvious but there ought to be some leniency for hunting-related politics. I think it would be reasonable to argue the merits of various conservation bills, public-land access efforts, hunting interest groups, predator introduction initiatives, etc. Shouting matches over who should be president, not so much.

Trial153

WKR
Stay clear of puting non hunting sections in the forums. Everyone turns into a shit show. AT and Bowsite are prime examples. You will be guaranteed to develop subset of members that do nothing but post on and stay in those forums and contribute nothing else in so far as what the ethos of this site is. The best thing we can do is keep politics out of here.

RCB

WKR
Stay clear of puting non hunting sections in the forums. Everyone turns into a shit show. AT and Bowsite are prime examples. You will be guaranteed to develop subset of members that do nothing but post on and stay in those forums and contribute nothing else in so far as what the ethos of this site is. The best thing we can do is keep politics out of here.
Yes, but then the members who do that will be safely quarantined away from the rest of us! The rest of the boards can then focus on hunting.

But yeah, I'm fine with a "no politics at all, unless directly related to hunting" policy.