Poll: Are Non-residents applying for Fall Hunts in Colorado as planned?

As a Non-Resident Colorado hunter that was planning on hunting CO this fall, I...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
I only had 1 point but applied in a zone for 3rd rifle that was 100% chance with zero points. I put in for elk and deer. Driving out so I'm not overly worried. My job is home based and am very fortunate to still be employed. My heart and prayers go out to those going through tough times.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rich M

WKR
Honestly surprised at the numbers of the poll so far - for a forum of the more hardcore hunter I figured the odds would be more skewed to going no matter what . Im sure the average joes are leaning more on not going .

The hard cores vs average joes. LOL! Love it.

We've got different kind of hunters, for sure. It is much easier for the locals.

jmcd22

WKR
I am not applying (buying points...if that counts as applying, so be it) because of a surgery my dad is having in June. We decided to stay home this year unless we drew New Mexico and buy points with the plan of cashing them out next year in Colorado.

apkleinschmidt

Lil-Rokslider
Can someone post the poll percentages please? I cannot see them on my phone. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

seiowabow

FNG
Results
c5d0172094215069ff2532f25a2ff25b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Took points in CO but that's because I'm hoping the Covid boosted my odds in MT lol so no but not for the up front reason

11boo

WKR
Idaho made a move-

The Fish and Game Commission will hold an emergency special public meeting via teleconference at 9 a.m. MDT on Saturday, April 4.

The agenda has been posted on Fish and Game’s website. See the agenda.

In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Commission will consider setting temporary limits on the number of nonresident license/tag/permits corresponding to the number sold to date.

The Commission will also receive an update on agency actions under the proclaimed state of emergency for COVID-19.

Consistent with Proclamation of the Governor dated March 18, 2020, regarding Open Meeting Law compliance, the public may listen to the conference call by dialing (408) 418-9388, and entering Access Code: 965-072-806.

There will be no opportunity for in-person attendance or public comment or questions during the meeting.

Rich M

WKR
Just think of all the extra animals there will be running around next year if NR seasons are cancelled... Hoping next winter will be mild and less stress on the wintering areas.

2021 might be an excellent trophy hunting year.

jmcd22

WKR
Just think of all the extra animals there will be running around next year if NR seasons are cancelled... Hoping next winter will be mild and less stress on the wintering areas.

2021 might be an excellent trophy hunting year.

Not as many as you think, states are canceling predator hunts too. I'm sure there will an uptick in animals but I think a lack of predators being taken will have an effect as well. Maybe they shut down ungulate hunts but allow predators to be taken in the fall? Win-win! :ROFLMAO:

Scoutman

FNG
I applied for points, I will be out working on ranch, no matter what.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
Moving ahead as normal. I wasn't applying anyway since I filled a tag last year, gotta get my hunting partner one this year. I did get a small game license and points. Buddy went ahead and applied for 1st rifle this morning, if they cancel hunting surely they'll refund tag money. And if it looks up in the air, you have up to 30 days before season starts to get a refund anyway.

SonnyDay

WKR
I am a resident but was wondering the same thing. Hoping things blow over in terms of social distancing and the heavy pressure on our first responders and healthcare workers. Even if that happens by fall, it may not help folks who've lost their livelihoods. I mostly went PP for other animals but hoping to draw 04/late4 rifle for deer and elk...

After reading the fine print, they give a refund OR your preference points back.

Not exactly delighted with that situation. I thought you had til sometime in July to return a tag. I reckon things change.

street

WKR
After reading the fine print, they give a refund OR your preference points back.

Not exactly delighted with that situation. I thought you had til sometime in July to return a tag. I reckon things change.
Yes points or refund only on tag return.