Pomoly Folding Titanium Stove - any experience?

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
Just came across the Pomoly Titanium folding stoves. Similar to the Winnerwell, but specs shows the stove body for the T1 to be made of 1 mm titanium compared to half the thickness for the Winnerwell and most other ti stoves. Anyone have one or experience with the Pomoly T1? I also ike the reinforcement bars across the underside of the top stove panel.

This will mostly be for base camp or short hikes and not too concerned about weight. I already have a LiteOutdoors cylinder stove for my Cimarron. This new one would be for an 8 man SeekOutside teepee.

sneaky

"DADDY"
A) looks like Winnerwell didn't patent their design
B) why do they all think you need a ten foot stovepipe?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
G

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, same deal as the Winnerwell but made of thicker titanium @ 1mm vs .5 and has reinforced top.

Looks like stovepipe choices are 6.5' or 9.8'. SeekOutside recommends 9' for their 8 man.

reaper

WKR
the only con than i can see its the smaller diameter pipe...2.4''...less heat and sometimes depending of the wood avaible its hard to have a good draft,thats the trouble shootings i saw with my U-turn stove with the smaller diameter of 2.5

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm guessing you can trim it if it's like other Ti stovepipes.
With other pipes you order the exact size you want, you don't choose between two sizes. If they're charging $475 for a stove they can trim the pipe to the customer's specs. But, these guys won't because they come in from China in two different lengths.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
G

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
the only con than i can see its the smaller diameter pipe...2.4''...less heat and sometimes depending of the wood avaible its hard to have a good draft,thats the trouble shootings i saw with my U-turn stove with the smaller diameter of 2.5
I have a Lite Outdoors 18" stove which has a 2.5" pipe. No issues getting it to burn well, so not sure it would be much of an issue(?)

CO-AJ

WKR
looks nice and almost a carbon copy of the winnerwell. seems heavy at 7.9 lbs vs the winnerwell or SO. I do really like the folding design. Wish SO would do a folding design. Id be all over that.

OP
G

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
Pomoly is suppose to be coming out with a larger folding stove sometime this month. Waiting to see what the dimensions are. Might be the ticket for an 8 man tipi for base camp.

Wrench

WKR
The winnerwell is far from flimsy. Glass is the last thing backpacks want in them.

To me, they solved non problems.

China has openly admitted their plan to be #1 in the world economy is to not waste their own money in design, development or costly engineering phases of products. They publicly state they will just reverse engineer other peoples efforts and and produce the same or close to same product at lower costs by avoiding the up front expenses of R&D.

I say no to this. They have told the world this is how we plan to dominate. Why would any American citizen willingly be a part of their own countries destruction, by buying copied products like this?