Poop shovels

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I use a Vargo Dig Dig. It doubles as a sand/mud tent stake, which helps justify the weight. It works well for digging.

Randle

WKR
So many threads lately always end up labeling someone. Noone said they just drop it and walk away. ( That would be surface dump) Kinda sad

Last edited:
surface shitters, that’s hilarious. Definitely some Snow flake/liberal terminology!
Here we go, the geniuses are on full display. The OP asked what shovel people use and you have to pull out the word favored by halfwits this decade.

Members of our military are taught to shit in holes. Go tell the Marines what “snowflakes” they are.

To leave piles of shit that will contaminate water and toilet paper to blow in the wind is worse than tossing your garbage all over the mountains. Do you do that too? Maybe you’re from Nikiski and shit on your lawn next to the broken down Mazda. Guess that’d be the norm.🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Took a marine hunting a couple times, he definitely didn’t bury his shit, and he definitely wouldn’t use the term surface shitter. The term is a snow flake term, not the action. So does bear shit contaminate the water too? Maybe you could ask them to carry around a shit shovel! This is why we have water filters big dawg. Guess I need start every post with: caution trigger warning!

Took a marine hunting a couple times, he definitely didn’t bury his shit, and he definitely wouldn’t use the term surface shitter. The term is a snow flake term, not the action. So does bear shit contaminate the water too? Maybe you could ask them to carry around a shit shovel! This is why we have water filters big dawg. Guess I need start every post with: caution trigger warning!
There it is, the other unimaginative word of the decade… “triggered”, bet you had to dig deep for that one.

Animal shit does contaminate water and you are not a bear.

Oh, and… Sure ya did. You took a Marine hunting, sounds convenient.

If you insist on trashing your corner of the world please don’t expect an attaboy. It just showcases your ignorance. Bye

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm a former squid, but my primary hunting partner is a prior Marine. He buries his turds and politely encouraged me to start burying mine after our first hunt.

As for snowflakes, I am a unique snowflake just like the othe 7 billion something humans on the planet. And just like snowflakes, no one cares because it is the condition of the snowpack that matters.

People who feel the need to call others meaningless names tend to be the snowflakes that make up the unstable layers in the snowpack.

I am a former Marine and hunt with a former Marine when I take a chit I bury it as I am sure my hunting partner does, I just carry a garden trowel from lowes.
Semper Fi

Also, to the OP, the trowels made by Tentlab have a lifetime warranty. I was abusive to my first one and managed to break the tip. I sent him a picture of it and he sent me a new one free of charge. They are a small Colorado company.

Last edited:
There it is, the other unimaginative word of the decade… “triggered”, bet you had to dig deep for that one.

Animal shit does contaminate water and you are not a bear.

Oh, and… Sure ya did. You took a Marine hunting, sounds convenient.

If you insist on trashing your corner of the world please don’t expect an attaboy. It just showcases your ignorance. Bye
Ya, several close relatives are Jarheads. Only one of them hunts, the others are too soft to hang.

If you’ve came across one of my surface shits you’re most likely lost cause you’d have to stop taking selfies from the trail head.

Ya, several close relatives are Jarheads. Only one of them hunts, the others are too soft to hang.

If you’ve came across one of my surface shits you’re most likely lost cause you’d have to stop taking selfies from the trail head.
Close relatives? You didn’t serve? You have zero credibility to comment on the subject if you didn’t.

Conscientious wild-land hunters care about their impact; apparently you don’t. That puts you firmly in the slob hunter category.

I’m bored of you. Go ahead and shoot off at the keyboard one last time to prove how bad ass you are. Maybe showcase your amazing vocabulary a little. You have the last word. 👂

Last edited:

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
30+ years and never worried about it…. Until last year. Man my dog was a mess, as was my truck seat, lesson learnt.
This is the reason I want to get mine buried. I'm not too concerned that another hunter will find my pile, but the thought of my dog, or some other hunter's dog rolling in it is pretty nasty.

Close relatives? You didn’t serve? You have zero credibility to comment on the subject if you didn’t.

Conscientious wild-land hunters care about their impact; apparently you don’t. That puts you firmly in the slob hunter category.

I’m bored of you. Go ahead and shoot off at the keyboard one last time to prove how bad ass you are. Maybe showcase your amazing vocabulary a little. You have the last word. 👂
You keep talking about the impact of the land. Shit above ground or below ground has the same effect, the only difference is the visual aspect. And the only time I run across other hunters piles is usually at the trail head, which I will agree is off-putting. In that case I do bury it, but in the back country, not a chance.

I am amazed how many of you seem to have dirt. I would have to carry a pick. Should an unplanned emergency occur - I look for a convenient crack in the outcrop. A rock cover seems to solve most of the problems.

The elk feed at night 3-5 miles away and then bed down in the rocks for the day. Outcrop hunting is what I got.