Poop shovels

I walk in the woods for work in places where a lot of people probably think no one's going to see their poop... there are a lot of nasty people out there.

When my wife and I went camping in the Bighorns in WY a couple of years back, you couldn't get off the trails or away from the camping areas without running into a minefield of exposed poop.

I think the Tentlab Deuce is a great thing to carry. Forest Service ought to require a trowel like they require bear canisters in some places.

I walk in the woods for work in places where a lot of people probably think no one's going to see their poop... there are a lot of nasty people out there.

When my wife and I went camping in the Bighorns in WY a couple of years back, you couldn't get off the trails or away from the camping areas without running into a minefield of exposed poop.

I think the Tentlab Deuce is a great thing to carry. Forest Service ought to require a trowel like they require bear canisters in some places.
100%

FlyGuy

WKR
I use one of those titanium hand trowels, less than an oz I think. Itā€™s not easy on the hands if you jam it into a root or rock, but I recently started carrying one of those Mtn Sticks (which has been a surprisingly helpful tool for so many tasks) which works really well to loosen everything up and then just excavate with the trowel or by hand.

Nothing worse than coming across someoneā€™s shit pile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
So, what poop shovel do you "run?"
I operate the Dig Dig, keep it in a side pocket ready for rapid deployment. Might need to get a speed holster for it though, just depends on how many tacos I had for breakfast.

So, what poop shovel do you "run?"
Very original šŸ˜‰

When I have the ā€œrunsā€ there isnā€™t time for a shovel.

When people say ā€œrunā€ in that context it annoys the shit outta me šŸ¤£

Reactions: EdP

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Very original šŸ˜‰

When I have the ā€œrunsā€ there isnā€™t time for a shovel.

When people say ā€œrunā€ in that context it annoys the shit outta me šŸ¤£
So, you are saying using run in that context gives you the runs?

Poop shovel? Maybe I'm just a savage, but I kick out a spot with my boot, poo and kick dirt and sticks over it and top it with a rock. I do love these kinds of threads though, maybe one day I'll run a poop kit with a sweet shovel in it.

Bighorner

WKR
Took a marine hunting a couple times, he definitely didnā€™t bury his shit, and he definitely wouldnā€™t use the term surface shitter. The term is a snow flake term, not the action. So does bear shit contaminate the water too? Maybe you could ask them to carry around a shit shovel! This is why we have water filters big dawg. Guess I need start every post with: caution trigger warning!

There was a time a guy didnt need to filter water before a bunch of folks that dont know not to shit next to a creek decided to reconnect with nature.

Now you literally can not flip over a rock at a couple high elevation lakes without finding a brown trout and white paper.

Poop shovel? Maybe I'm just a savage, but I kick out a spot with my boot, poo and kick dirt and sticks over it and top it with a rock. I do love these kinds of threads though, maybe one day I'll run a poop kit with a sweet shovel in it.

Same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you can reliably kick a hole 6-8ā€ deep it makes sense. If you are kicking a little 2-3ā€ depression it doesnā€™t and you should really consider a lightweight trowel. It wouldnā€™t make you any less manlyā€¦ I promise. šŸ˜ƒ

You can even add to the savage aspect of digging a hole by wiping with a handful of snow when itā€™s available. I choose that over TP or wet wipes every time. Nothing gets you cleaner. šŸ‘

Last edited:

Drenalin

WKR
I thought dilution is the solution to pollution? Why wouldn't we just poop right into the water?

But if we are going to dig holes, why not use the spork you already carry? The long handle model is preferred both for reaching the bottom of freeze dried meal pouches, as well as for leverage when digging. The titanium models bend back to their original shape pretty readily. The bonus to this method is that dirt and sand clean cheese off the spork better than anything else I've found.