Poor Schnee's Customer Service Experience

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
I read and see several positive experiences with Schnee's and I have no doubt that most people do have a good experience with them. Mine was not good at all. I ordered a pair of Timberline boots which ended up not fitting. So, I returned those and ordered same size in wide. At the time of ordering the 2nd pair the boots they had gone on sale for 20% off with the Memorial Day sale. These did not fit so I sent them back for an exchange requesting 1/2 size larger. Schnee's does not have a return label with their return process so you have to ship with the courier of your choice which ran $25-30 each time.

The initial problem was that the boots that I send back for exchange were refunded and not exchanged (these were at the sale price). The first pair I returned had not had any activity on the return for refund even though they were received at Schnee's prior to the 2nd pair. I got on the online chat and explained everything to the customer service rep. This person stated that everything would be rectified that day. Several days go by and nothing happens. So, I call and someone answers and says the person that I online chatted with has my paperwork and is out for lunch. He stated that they would call me back and that "we will get you taken care of today". The call back never happened and I waited another full day. I called again and actually got the person that had my paperwork. After pressing her for answers she finally admitted that she did not have my return paperwork for the first boots I had send in. I provided the tracking number and she could indeed see who had signed for them when they arrived. She was nice and also did admit to making the mistake with the exchange/refund, but had not made any effort to correct it yet. At this point I had enough with this company and just asked for a refund of both pairs and washed my hands of them. I am the type of person that judges people by their actions and not empty apologies.

It's disappointing. I like companies like Schnee's that support hunters and provide products for us. I understand things can get busy and these are weird times. However, when you have a customer that you are aware you have goofed something up with and is patiently going through all the necessary steps requesting that you fix the problem then that should not be disregarded. At least that is how I felt.

Last edited:

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I read and see several positive experiences with Schnee's and I have no doubt that ...

Hello there! I'd like to sincerely apologize on behalf of the whole team here at Schnee's. We strive to provide the best customer service possible, but it seems we missed the mark here. Nobody bats a thousand and we will work to do better. Truth be told, it has been crazy busy for us lately. Like most small businesses out there, we're swamped and have been working with drastically reduced staff for 2+ months now. I don't like to make excuses, but these are difficult times. The good news is that we are slowly coming back up to normal and this kind of thing shouldn't happen.

Having said all that, if there's anything I can do to correct the situation and make you happy, please feel free to PM me.

- Matt

I also wanted to add that although we don't include a free return shipping label, simply give us a call and we'd be happy to email you one. That goes for everyone/all orders.

OP
ceejay

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like you're making a bigger deal out of it than it is. If you want free shipping both ways, buy from Zappos.

I don't know how that is all you took from that but it was not about free return shipping. It was about a screw up on the exchange, not having the customer reps follow through on doing what they said they would do, not having customer service reps contact me when they said they would and me having to dog the process and finally just giving up on them after I patiently waited through multiple attempts on my end to let them fix it. Like I said, I'm sure many people have good experiences ....... mine was terrible.

I no longer purchase from them due to atrociously unforgivable customer service. After several months I get a very simular response, but no resolution. Simple lip service.

Pro953

WKR
Sorry, folks customer service expectations are just over the top sometimes. It is really hard to offer platinum level customer service these days when everyone turns around and expects amazon pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, folks customer service expectations are just over the top sometimes. It is really hard to offer platinum level customer service these days when everyone turns around and expects amazon pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never expected "platinum level" customer service. I just expected some real customer service, and all I got was lip service, nothing more. Why not just post here how you will resolve this for the OP. Or are your replies exactly what I got, lip service with nothing ever done.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Hate to hear about your experience, it’s definitely not the norm. I’ve always had stellar service and customer service with Schnee’s. I live a long way away and they always provide shipping labels for returns and even shipped me two pairs of boots at the same time when I had only paid for one to try both on.
The past month or so, I’ve had some less than stellar CS interactions as well, but it’s crazy times and I know small businesses are struggling, so I try to cut them some slack.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hate to hear about your experience, it’s definitely not the norm. I’ve always had stellar service and customer service with Schnee’s. I live a long way away and they always provide shipping labels for returns and even shipped me two pairs of boots at the same time when I had only paid for one to try both on.
The past month or so, I’ve had some less than stellar CS interactions as well, but it’s crazy times and I know small businesses are struggling, so I try to cut them some slack.

Much appreciated. 🙏 Also, if you or anyone else needs any help with a specific issue please feel free to PM me or email me. [email protected]. I've definitely been in your guy's shoes and know what a pain in the a$$ bad customer service can be. I handle our website and marketing, but I will go out of my way to make sure customers are taken care of. Doesn't matter to me if you're forum member, average joe or big time TV hunter...I strive to make sure everyone is taken care of as best as possible!

- Matt

I never expected "platinum level" customer service. I just expected some real customer service, and all I got was lip service, nothing more. Why not just post here how you will resolve this for the OP. Or are your replies exactly what I got, lip service with nothing ever done.