Poor Schnees customer service

Tango1

Lil-Rokslider
Just had a great experience with Schnee‘s last week buying a gun from them. Had to be shipped to FL. All the back and forth with FFLs etc was handled very professionally. Gun was shipped same day during what’s probably the busiest week of the year. Even got a follow-up call confirming track #. Totally pro in my opinion.

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
The OP has presented the facts straight forward that he was being told that things would happen and then they were not happening and is justified at being upset. As consumers we should appreciate when people put this info out there and he is doing us a favor. It makes the company take notice and make customer satisfaction an important part of their business which ultimately benefits us all. Clearly Schnees has stepped up and is rectifying the situation and hopefully working internally to minimize repeat episodes. Kudos to them for reaching out to the customer and tackling the situation head on and kudos to the OP for telling the updated rest of the story that it is working out well.

2ski

WKR
Someone mentioned planning ahead for the season knowing it would be busier and I wanted to mention a few things.
1. This is a year we are going to see a lot more people in the field. There's probably a higher than normal volume of orders. Which could be planned for but leads me to #2 and #3.
2. Bozeman is a town with a gluttony of jobs available right now. There's not one business out there that doesn't need help. Not one.
3. That covid pay with the extra $600 sure made it tough to get employees that were out of work. So you have a job market needing workers and then you take some of the available workers out of the equation. That's $15 per hour based on a 40 hour week plus the regular unemployment. From your own economic standpoint it makes sense not to work. Not saying they shouldn't work, just that they make more money not working.

I'm sure Shnees would love to have geared up for the fall, but its a little tough right now.

Wrench

WKR
Between manufacturers, shippers theives and bad luck, I've had enough shit go sideways to have two of everything in advance and proven ready for the field.

Sounds like you had a bum experience and it sounds like they offered a PR apology. At that point you gotta figure out how to get moving forward asap....times a wasting and there's not enough time to stay mad.

If it makes you feel better, I had iron will send me a box of heads and asked them if I could pay to get it expedited when it was taking a couple days. They took no money and kicked it out to be at my place early. Usps screwed the pooch and it bounced around for a couple days and I was finally able to get it stopped at a post office 40 miles away.

My fault for cutting it close.

Wilks54

FNG
I've been a customer of Schnee's for 20 years. They have always been amazing when it comes to customer service, and I have appreciated that they are a smaller shop that still cranks out quality products. Heck, I've even been on a facetime call with some employees to look over boots over the phone. You just dont get that kind of service at bigger manufacturers. I think the main reason you had some guys come to their defense on this thread is because an overwhelming amount of people have always gotten that great service from them. In the end, companies are people, and especially now, we all could use a little extra lead and understanding.

Matt, I feel like you need a warm plate of chocolate chip cookies and a cold glass of milk to help make up for the drubbing you've taken on this thread. #schneestrong

OP
Birddog1

Birddog1

FNG
Between manufacturers, shippers theives and bad luck, I've had enough shit go sideways to have two of everything in advance and proven ready for the field.

Sounds like you had a bum experience and it sounds like they offered a PR apology. At that point you gotta figure out how to get moving forward asap....times a wasting and there's not enough time to stay mad.

If it makes you feel better, I had iron will send me a box of heads and asked them if I could pay to get it expedited when it was taking a couple days. They took no money and kicked it out to be at my place early. Usps screwed the pooch and it bounced around for a couple days and I was finally able to get it stopped at a post office 40 miles away.

My fault for cutting it close.

Everything is good as far as I’m concerned. Matt went above and beyond to make it right. My initial feeling was that they didn‘t care but I now know that’s not the case.

I've been a customer of Schnee's for 20 years. They have always been amazing when it comes to customer service, and I have appreciated that they are a smaller shop that still cranks out quality products. Heck, I've even been on a facetime call with some employees to look over boots over the phone. You just dont get that kind of service at bigger manufacturers. I think the main reason you had some guys come to their defense on this thread is because an overwhelming amount of people have always gotten that great service from them. In the end, companies are people, and especially now, we all could use a little extra lead and understanding.

Matt, I feel like you need a warm plate of chocolate chip cookies and a cold glass of milk to help make up for the drubbing you've taken on this thread. #schneestrong

Honestly it was like two different experiences, initially not good but Matt corrected that. Not only did Matt offer to make it right, he did what he said. He called me and we talked, not only about the issue but questions I had. One point that someone else brought up was why I would buy another pair of the same boot. It was because I asked Matt and he was knowledgeable and explained how and why it can happen. The man knows his stuff and cares.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
.... Matt, I feel like you need a warm plate of chocolate chip cookies and a cold glass of milk to help make up for the drubbing you've taken on this thread. #schneestrong

Oh man, I'm never one to turn down some fresh cookies and milk! Ask my wife! ;)

- Matt