Poor Schnees customer service

So, you recognize this is a very busy time of year for them yet you won't show any empathy? You go the opposite route and post on a forum using the term "bad publicity" when most of the people who have viewed this thread disagree with your reaction to the situation. Also, using the "customers like me" line wreaks of entitlement. I'm sorry you fell into the small percentage of bad experiences with Schnees, but good lord be a human. A sometimes mistake making human.

1). They were very squeaky. This would be unacceptable to pretty much everyone here. Failure 1

2). The lace hook on the tongue was attached too high rendering it useless. This is unacceptable and an example of an inferior product. Failure 2

Return went great. Of course it did, that is simply a business protecting themselves.

3). Called Thursday 8/27, Schnees stated new pair of boots would go out expedited Friday 8/28. Schnees failed on delivering this promise. Failure 3

4). No tracking number provided sent by Schnees. Failure 4

5). Called back 9/1 promised tracking number within minutes, and nothing. Failure 5

6). Called back again several hours later and assured they would ship last night 9/1, yet still no tracking number today 9/2 Failure 6 and 7.

Call 9/2 today and left a voicemail but no call back received.

Called again today 9/2 and spoke with same person that promised to ship them last Thursday 8/27 and again 9/1. She admitted not shipping them – order cancelled. Wait, this was the same person that promised twice to ship the boots ASAP. Yeah, I would not put any stock in someone that gave me false promises.

I just don't get the fanboy crowd here. Sure they are busy. They get busy this time of year every year, it's predictable for Schnees. And as someone pointed out, Schnees can plan for that. But instead they give false promises several times. In my case those false promises came numerous times. Yet I still got forgotten about and actually never received the product I paid for over a month later. Simply put, they have no more excuses and Schnees needs to stop making false promises. There are lots of companies here that state upfront their estimated shipping times and actually regularly beat those estimated shippings. Their honesty gets them deserved accolades. And company that provides empty promises deserves the bad publicity.

Please feel free to PM me as well. I do not recall seeing any PM's from you in the past, but I'm always happy to help in any way.

- Matt
Yeah I am not surprised that you don't recall. But I do. I recall you saying the same type of things and promising to "make it right". Unfortunately you had zero delivery on that promise. I have no doubt the same will happen here in the Op's case. As I have stated then and here in this post; I will never do business with Schnees again. My experience was that bad; numerous false promises along with the product I paid for never being shipped after over a month. Matt, my advice to you is to totally stop with the false promises and actually make things right when you say you will.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yeah I am not surprised that you don't recall.

No false promises here. I do my best to help or take care of the hundreds of people that I chat with on this forum and the others out there every month. If you had an issue in the past and I couldn't help you resolve it, missed a message, etc.. my apologies. But if you still have an issue and I can help, please feel free to message me and I'll happily do what I can to make it right.

- Matt

OP
Birddog1

Birddog1

FNG
Yeah I am not surprised that you don't recall. But I do. I recall you saying the same type of things and promising to "make it right". Unfortunately you had zero delivery on that promise. I have no doubt the same will happen here in the Op's case. As I have stated then and here in this post; I will never do business with Schnees again. My experience was that bad; numerous false promises along with the product I paid for never being shipped after over a month. Matt, my advice to you is to totally stop with the false promises and actually make things right when you say you will.
BH
while I know nothing about your past experience Matt has exceeded my expectations for making it right.

@Bubblehide damn your all about posting negative comments especially when it's a situation your not involved in at all.
When he has a legitimate grip and people here ignore that and attack him, yes, I am going to speak up, especially since I had a similar, but worse experience. However, I am truly glad Matt seems to be stepping up and making things right. That is a positive turn of events. Your right, I am not directly involved in the situation. However, neither are those that attacked the OP. Did you post about that too. If I recall, this forum is about honest reviews or gear and experiences. My posts fall within that guideline; does yours?

When he has a legitimate grip and people here ignore that and attack him, yes, I am going to speak up, especially since I had a similar, but worse experience. However, I am truly glad Matt seems to be stepping up and making things right. That is a positive turn of events. Your right, I am not directly involved in the situation. However, neither are those that attacked the OP. Did you post about that too. If I recall, this forum is about honest reviews or gear and experiences. My posts fall within that guideline; does yours?

Who ignored it? We all acknowledge that Schnees made a mistake, but is the response (specifically yours at this point) proportionate to the mistake?

Attack? lol.

@Birddog1 I'm glad to hear Matt made it right and I hope the new pair works well for you.

OP
Birddog1

Birddog1

FNG
I've never experienced "squeaky" boots. What is the source of the sound?

I couldn’t tell exactly but it was anytime my foot flexed. I asked my wife to stand across the room and she could hear it as I walked towards or away from her. Initially I thought it just might require some boot dressing but that never came up, Schnees just told me to return them. One thing regarding the lace hook, I did look at images online to see where the lace hook was in other photos. The pair I received had the hook at the same level/height as the top set of hooks on the boot itself. It was higher than the images I was able to find online.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Enough already,

Schnees made a mistake and is making it right.

Bubblehide, I understand how flipping frustrating stuff like that is! I'm the first to stop being a customer when those situations happen, it's my money, my time and I value both; but you've made your point, so we can move on.

In fairness, how did you communicate with Matt? PM on here? Do you still have it? Send it to me if you so kindly could. I've seen Matt answer dozens and dozens of communications on here successfully and am curious how this one went so far south.

Thanks

OP
Birddog1

Birddog1

FNG
Ok, I want this to end but also want to give kudos to Matt for making it right. Matt and I just had a nice conversation via phone, I’m buying a pair of Beartooth 200 gram but they sold the last in stock pair yesterday. He was up front about that and said it will be 2-3weeks, maybe longer, before they are in stock. Not a problem going into it fully aware. But as mentioned Matt went above my expectations to do what he did. Matt, thanks for the time today, it was nice talking with you and I appreciate what you did.

rclouse79

WKR
Yes I was hoping they wouldn’t be as noisy. My initial call was to find out if these things were normal and was immediately instructed to send them back. When discussing the lace hook I was also told it appeared to be too high on the tongue.

However you want to word what happened is entirely a matter of opinion. I know the conversations I had, I know what was stated would happen and those things didn’t happen. As far as the quality, I’m sure they are great boots and yes once in a awhile a bad product slips through. As mentioned they fit very well in the short time I had them. I didn’t expect to get everyone to agree with me nor does it matter if you do. This was MY experience with Schnees over the last few days. Your experiences are probably different and I hope they are. Schnees is a well liked and respected company obviously but my experience with them isn’t at that level right now.

Seems a little ridiculous to order the same pair of boots hoping they will be different. I am guessing the squeaking would have gone away with use but maybe not. Your post seems extremely petty. If you are that picky I would suggest going somewhere you can try boots on in person. I am sure it was an oversight on their part, but I can’t imagine they were super excited to send you the exact same pair you just send back. In the future you might want to talk to someone before bashing a company publicly. Maybe they can save you some embarrassment and let you know that you are the problem.

OP
Birddog1

Birddog1

FNG
Seems a little ridiculous to order the same pair of boots hoping they will be different. I am guessing the squeaking would have gone away with use but maybe not. Your post seems extremely petty. If you are that picky I would suggest going somewhere you can try boots on in person. I am sure it was an oversight on their part, but I can’t imagine they were super excited to send you the exact same pair you just send back. In the future you might want to talk to someone before bashing a company publicly. Maybe they can save you some embarrassment and let you know that you are the problem.

Did you read anything above? Also, did it ever occur to you that I may have asked Matt about the squeaking before re-ordering? I did, he explained he’s seen a few pairs like that and it’s usually attributed to a couple of factors which I won’t elaborate for you. Without you being a part of the phone conversation Matt and I had I will tell that you have no idea what you’re talking about so let it go. But have a nice day.

rclouse79

WKR
No I didn’t waste my time reading all the responses above. If you don’t want opinions don’t post your dirty laundry. Hope you have a nice day as well.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
No I didn’t waste my time reading all the responses above. If you don’t want opinions don’t post your dirty laundry. Hope you have a nice day as well.
I don’t read all the posts on every thread either, but I often find it very helpful if I do before I post a strong comment.