Pop up 38

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve tried at least versions of this”fix”, and while better still not right. Plus the strap over the front makes getting to the pockets that much more difficult. Like I said, I’ve tried to love it, and really do love the concept, just hate the way it is when lightly loaded. Love the way it packs meat. If it’s true they’re going to redesign it, that makes me both happy and sad, because I own an old version and will want a new one if the problems are fixed! Maybe they’ll offer retrofits…
I was annoyed by this when I first got it as well, and didn’t expect it because it was my first MR pack with the load shelf. I have several other MR packs that I have used extensively for work and love them, so didn’t see the issues with “floppiness” coming.

That being said, I re-routed the straps and it works really well now. I know there are a few different ways to skin that cat but the way I settled on seems to work the best for me. I’ll take some pictures when I get a chance.

Bearfunk

FNG
I was annoyed by this when I first got it as well, and didn’t expect it because it was my first MR pack with the load shelf. I have several other MR packs that I have used extensively for work and love them, so didn’t see the issues with “floppiness” coming.

That being said, I re-routed the straps and it works really well now. I know there are a few different ways to skin that cat but the way I settled on seems to work the best for me. I’ll take some pictures when I get a chance.
I would appreciate that! Anything to make it work better!

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
A few iPotato pics trying to show how I have it set up. I take the top straps and let the buckles all the way out, then run them under the piece that runs across about halfway down the frame. Once they are looped under, cross them and run the buckles up to the back side of the plastic piece across the top. Adjust the buckles so the open end of the buckle is about even with the top of the plastic cross bar when the straps are pulled tight. The male buckles from the bag should come over the top of the plastic cross bar to keep the bag tight to the frame.

6EA9E8E5-521B-4C50-9A80-B9DDC607D665.jpeg

640B8EDD-18A4-4765-A44B-76609E74D8AD.jpeg

Attachments

• 640B8EDD-18A4-4765-A44B-76609E74D8AD.jpeg
    640B8EDD-18A4-4765-A44B-76609E74D8AD.jpeg
    305.1 KB · Views: 16
@sconnieVLP thanks. I should play with mine. I simply wapped the cross bar up top with my straps and it helped but it is still a little sloppy. I am going to try your method.

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
Helpful info… I ordered one that is due to arrive today and look forward to putting the advice to work. Thanks!

Bearfunk

FNG
Gonna try that, should work better. Do you anything with the side straps, as they also run out of room if the pack is close to empty

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
Gonna try that, should work better. Do you anything with the side straps, as they also run out of room if the pack is close to empty
That one I haven’t figured out yet. I’ve been tinkering with a few different ways of doing it but so far nothing has worked well. I’m thinking about getting the side straps modified but need to think through how that will impact the load shelf capabilities.

I primarily use the load shelf for buckling a hang on stand between the frame and bag since getting an animal out for eastern/Midwest whitetail pretty much consists of me throwing it in my otter sled and dragging it to somewhere I can get my truck or Ranger, I’d rather not lose the capability.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrAP