Pop-up Campers

SonnyDay

WKR
I have a little Coleman pop up that’s been great. I don’t use it for hunting but do a lot of camping with the family. If you want to go into the “back of beyond” with it, pay close attention to how long it is! I’ve pulled mine over some pretty serious rocks/logs and up some billy goat trails and ATV trails. It’s pretty beat up now... but still functional. The true off-road ones are super cool but lotsa $$$. The stove in it is crap so I always bring my 40k BTU camp chef....

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to make this purchase in a year or two but I need to buy a pickup sooner. Are F150 class trucks too small?

boom

WKR
one year i was solo camping in AZ. in a tent. my brother was coming later in the week with his popup. he took some time off and brought me his pop up. man, what a difference. you should have seen how fast i moved everything over and broke down my tent. i was a blur.

he left me there with his camper and it was downright palatial. oh, he brought me a Hawaiian pizza too. haha.

we have taken that pop up everywhere. it is one of those fleetwood off road models. he had gotten his money worth from it. i towed it with my Tacoma and it sucks. he uses a 3/4 ton diesel. a half ton feels it.

Had a Coleman Utah for 8ish years sold it...great camper...just not for me for all the reasons above, wife and kids liked it but with their sports and whatnot they just didn't have enough free time to use it enough.. AC/heat didn't really keep up and fridge worked ok. below 30 sucked sleeping...couldnt really take it anywhere off pavement..currently shopping for a hardsided slide in for my truck.

ZDR

WKR
I just sold my Somerset E3 pop up w an ATV deck. It was amazing but too heavy tongue weight for my Tacoma. That was the only limitation.

John Kimble

Lil-Rokslider
My wife talked me into a Rockwood esp off road pop up trailer last year. It's pretty cool and easy to set up. We only plan on keeping it until the kids are big enough to backpack camp.
1d8536cfdf326e11a1f6c8ea43cb7906.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

CO-AJ

WKR
My wife talked me into a Rockwood esp off road pop up trailer last year. It's pretty cool and easy to set up. We only plan on keeping it until the kids are big enough to backpack camp.
1d8536cfdf326e11a1f6c8ea43cb7906.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Exactly what we did with ours. My kids are in college now and the wife and I have moved to a hardside with 1 bed. Still love to throw my shelter, bag, pad, food, and rifle on my back and wander off into the forest... however the wife... not so much.

dakotaduner

Lil-Rokslider
I would rent one for a weekend and see how your family enjoys it. We have had Pop ups and up to 24 ft trailers. Enjoyed them all. Currently use a small toy hauler for my wife and I. like pictured in a previous post now. We enjoy small campgrounds that suck with big units. Make your family happy first and them make sure it also works for your hunting.. Buy used