Portable archery target

Mosby

WKR
I want to get a portable archery target to take to camp and on hunts with me. I am looking at the Rhinehart 18-1 and the Morrell High Roller. I am not concerned about the price or size difference but which one is easier to pull arrows with broad heads out of when the weather starts to get cold. I want something easy and have read that the Rhinehart can be difficult in cold weather.

Anyone own either or both?

Rob5589

WKR
I have the 18-1. Even in warm weather that thing holds an arrow, especially when new. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one when this one is through. Mine is beat to hell and still stops arrows at close distance. One little trick I have used is to spray the face of the target I am shooting at with dry silicone spray. It definitely helps with pulling arrows.

I want to get a portable archery target to take to camp and on hunts with me. I am looking at the Rhinehart 18-1 and the Morrell High Roller. I am not concerned about the price or size difference but which one is easier to pull arrows with broad heads out of when the weather starts to get cold. I want something easy and have read that the Rhinehart can be difficult in cold weather.

Anyone own either or both?
I own the little triangle rinehart and the morrell, the morrell is 100% easier to pull from with target tips or broadheads and i like the red and white color better than the black and green of the rinehart personally. They're both pretty tough

Attachments

• 20210505_171745.jpg
    20210505_171745.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 53
OP
Mosby

Mosby

WKR
I own the little triangle rinehart and the morrell, the morrell is 100% easier to pull from with target tips or broadheads and i like the red and white color better than the black and green of the rinehart personally. They're both pretty tough
Aren't many reviews on the Morrell but the few I saw indicated that it was easy to pull arrows out of. You confirmed it so I think I am going to buy the Morrell and give it a try. Thanks.

Aren't many reviews on the Morrell but the few I saw indicated that it was easy to pull arrows out of. You confirmed it so I think I am going to buy the Morrell and give it a try. Thanks.
No worries. I like it. I left my last one outside at my shop and a bum stole it, so i eventually bought another one lol

4rcgoat

WKR
I bought one of those 4 sided " mo foam" targets this year. Jury is still out,but pulling arrows is pretty easy.

7raptor

Lil-Rokslider
I have both, prefer to shoot the morrell bc i like shooting a white dot more than a yellow dot...I also stack them (18-1 on top of morrell) so I can practice with multiple broadheads.

broadheads destroy every target. morrell is much smoother to pull arrows from.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I had the 18-1 and now have had the Rinoblock for the past several years. They're both great for a portable target. All I use mine for is to take to elk camp every year. BH's pull easily even when new, and FP's aren't too bad.......nothing like trying to pull them from my Blob target.

I have the 18 - 1 now and it’s a decent target a little tuff to pull arrows. My biggest issue is it isn’t holding up as well as I would like. I strictly use it for broadheads. I will be trying the morrell next time.

I would go with the high roller. My Rinehart is tough to pull arrows from.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk