Portable chargers

I have a few different cheap portables, along with Mophie chargers, but will be looking to upgrade soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider
I have an Anker Powercore + 268000. I bought it but for hunting but for travel. It charges my iPhone 8 Plus eight times easily on one charge.

Beendare

WKR
FWIW, I would rather have 2 small chargers than one big one. Those big brick ones are overkill, IMO.

I've been using the small Anker chargers for about 6-7 years on archery hunts [currently 10,000mah] and can go 10 days or more with my iPhone. I use it for calls, GPS etc....but I don't leave my GPS on all day long.

Jsn_leonard

Lil-Rokslider
Anker 28,000 mah. Over 4 full iPhone charges when it’s full. A little big but worth it for me

Chordeiles

Lil-Rokslider
How long will the charge hold on an anker or similar charger?
I have the Anker Powercore+ 10050. I charged it up in April and it’s still holding about 3/4 charge after charging my phone a couple of times.
I believe the instructions said to drain and recharge the battery every four months.

mcl

FNG
Does anyone rely on the solar charge for anything? The built in solar panels seem so slow as to be practically worthless.

I've been using the dark energy battery for a few years and it's done great, can usually charge my phone 4-5 times on it.

+1 for the Dark Energy Poseidon. It works really well. I can get about 4 charges out of it for iPhone 11. Very rugged

badshot

Lil-Rokslider
20000mAh blackweb charger from Walmart. Has a boatload of charge and has treated me very well

I bought a few of these for myself and hunting buddies, Black Friday ad had them for $15. Everyone has swore by them since.

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
When camping (mostly car), I've been using my Milwaukee M18 batteries (5.0Ah) from my Fuel tools. The batteries are rugged and I have never run out of juice charging my phone. Full disclosure, I put my phone into airplane mode when not cell signal, and I rarely use the GPS on it. The Milwaukee lantern has a USB port so it's easy...I have light and a charger in the tent. The lantern may be a bit big for backpacking, but there are USB adapters for the batteries available too.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Does anyone rely on the solar charge for anything? The built in solar panels seem so slow as to be practically worthless.

They are practically worthless, just do the math on the tiny capacity of that undersized panel, often its over a week to charge a battery bank in full sun every day. The're only intended to trickle in a top off charge. But in reality its marketing hype and shiny stuff to attract buyers. If you want solar you need a larger stand alone panel, but there isn't much point on solar for a week or less hunt, the weight just doesn't pencil out versus just carrying extra batteries.