Portable/Small Space Reloading bench

Bulldawg

WKR
Do you guys some ideas for a small benches in small spaces? Been looking at some plans that use the workmate benches, or maybe a harbor freight bargain bench. Or do any of you guys have a cost efficient way of building a small yet sturdy bench.

RCL

WKR
I used to have an older Workmate that I adapted and it worked fine.
Lots of examples online.

work765

WKR
Following. I want to reload as well but have no space at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back in college days i would take the top drawer out of my dresser and i had bolted my rcbs to a piece of 1" plywood with 2x4's
on edge bolted to the bottom front edge and bottom left edge for rigidity (using top left drawer slot on dresser). Cut a slot in 2x4 for arm hinge to rotate up and down and screwed a copper band across the bottom stem of the the press body to stop it from flexing. Used a big C-clamp inserted in the drawer slot to hold her down.
Long story short it worked great and when i graduated to real reloading benches i just took the 2x4s off the bottom edge and bolted the plywood down to the bench.

Best of luck

rayporter

WKR
most everyone that goes to matches has a way to load at the range.
this is just half inch plywood and banquet table legs. about 24 x 40 and maybe 3 inches deep when folded up. its over 15 years old. you have to offset the legs so they fold flat.
z5RvCUd.jpg

fAi26WE.jpg

A local truckstop cafe tossed out some old tables. I picked one outta the dump for the base. Put a scrap of quarter inch plate on top, bolted up my stuff and been using it ever since. And that was 40-some years ago....

HPIM2938.jpg

jd270win

FNG
Gladiator workbench and Craftsman tool chest underneath. Got them both at Lowe’s. Does everything I need, and has a small enough footprint to keep it tucked out of the way.3585D3F4-7940-47AD-B09E-50F62CB848D7.jpeg

Wrench

WKR
I use a Lee hand press in my travel trailer. Press, scale, trickler, dippers and dies all easily fit in a drawer with my components.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I attached my press to a piece of 2x6 with the bolts recessed on the bottom. I C-clamp it to my kitchen table whenever I want to reload. I doubt very seriously that I'll ever bolt a press directly to my fulltime bench when I get one.

HiMtnHntr

WKR
If you have a small space that is unfinished you can make a removable bench that affixes to the wall using 2x4 and plywood as the bench and square tube and angle iron as the support. Use the angle iron attached to the back of the bench that will slide into the tube on the wall when you need the bench.