Positive Experience With Leica CS

MtnW

Lil-Rokslider
I own several Leica sport optics products . Recently they replaced no charge a couple of items they could no longer supply parts for. With this new level of service I can highly recommend Leica. I find their quality in their products at a level higher than others in the premium market. Not sure about their current product mix in their current line of rifle scopes. While the quality of glass and robust manufacturing is impressive , the product lineup misses the 1.5-10x42 to 3–10x42 hunting scope models I prefer. All of their new Amplus6 scopes are too big for my tastes . Again Leica CS went above and beyond to resolve some older quality control issues . I will continue to purchase Leica sport optics ,

Is this a test? I feel like this was a test. Did I pass?
Looks like you failed the sobriety test 😉

Not a cheerleader or troll of any company in particular. Have owned many different brands and models of binoculars and other optics over the years including multiples from each of the Big 3. Never had an issue with a NIB Leica or Zeiss and owned several of each - build quality was always first rate. Had a Z5 SW scope internally fog on it’s maiden voyage to the range on a humid summer morning, and an 8x SLC (purchased new) that had a hinge and focus mechanism issue. SW fixed them both under warranty, but that same scope later failed to hold zero - SW denied warranty and made me pay to fix it. Other SW products I’ve owned were first rate. That’s just my experience with multiple new product purchases from each.

Hunting environments are harsh and inevitably any optic device with mechanical parts may develop issues over its lifetime. For CS, my experience with all of the Big 3 companies has been mixed to the extremes - for individual issues either exceptional or poor. Would agree that 10+ years ago Leica CS was poor but I‘m confident that‘s no longer the case. There are some Leica horror stories from the past (mine included). But I recently received exceptionally good service from Leica on a broken rangefinder.

Earlier this year Leica made a huge press release announcing their new warranty - for new purchases of current products Leica has the best warranty (as written) of the Big 3 = 10 years no-fault and 30 years manufacturer’s defect.

Last edited:
Thought I would add to this rather than start a new thread. Sent in my Geovids for a focus issue. These were bought as demos about 4 years ago so technically out of warranty. They fixed them and sent them back with no change to me other than shipping to get them there. I am pretty happy with their CS.

tdhanses

WKR
Thought I would add to this rather than start a new thread. Sent in my Geovids for a focus issue. These were bought as demos about 4 years ago so technically out of warranty. They fixed them and sent them back with no change to me other than shipping to get them there. I am pretty happy with their CS.
How long did it take and did they send your‘s back to the factory or fix them state side? I sent mine back for the same issue, so far they first thought it would be a 2 week fix then they had to send them back to the factory.

tdhanses

WKR
I had them back in 4 weeks. They shipped back to me from NJ.
I’m at 8 weeks currently and they are still waiting for confirmation the factory has received them, think it’s in Spain. Last time I sent in my Geovids it took 7 months, i’ll be happy if it’s less then 7 months this time.

Last edited: