Possible Pack regret? stryker

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
I modified some g-hooks to connect the top of the Stryker bag to the frame, and added some buckles on the bottom which really cut down on floppyness. I don't have pictures of the buckles on the bottom. But if I remember right i just ran them from the loops on the bottom of the bag, to the bottom of the frame. When I need to use the load sling i can just unclip them.

Attachments

• 20200525_132258.jpg
    20200525_132258.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 20200525_135216.jpg
    20200525_135216.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 61

stump06

WKR
I Loved the Stryker for day hunting. Mine did get a little floppy at times but if I moved the straps to the outside of the bag and cinched them down it cut down on that a lot

Lawnboi

WKR
I’m happy with my fulcrum from day to week long trips. Played the small bag game trying to make it something it’s not. It’s a waste of money and time. Get a big one and be done.

OP
GiantGreg

GiantGreg

Lil-Rokslider
So I'm. Kinda thinking more like if i got time to just do gutless and just pack meat. But if it's late in day id prefer to just gut it quicklyand pack entire thing.
Can you all post picture if using the meat shelf?
How do you all do the straps at top whens doing meat shelf. Do you connect load liftes yo frame.them add straps from frame to top of bag?

Generally id. Prefer to pack it in bag but .

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

I bought a kifaru frame and striker panel as well. Seemed just the ticket. When I put it all together and put it on for the first time, it seemed a little heavy. Weighed in at over 8lbs!!

I sold it on ebay, and made about $50 on it. Bought a Stone Glacier instead, saved around 4 lbs in bag weight.

Kifaru was a good bag, just too darn heavy. Lots of other people like them, I know. Definitely not knocking their bags.

10ringer

WKR
I bought a kifaru frame and striker panel as well. Seemed just the ticket. When I put it all together and put it on for the first time, it seemed a little heavy. Weighed in at over 8lbs!!

I sold it on ebay, and made about $50 on it. Bought a Stone Glacier instead, saved around 4 lbs in bag weight.

Kifaru was a good bag, just too darn heavy. Lots of other people like them, I know. Definitely not knocking their bags.

Something is off here, you should have been sub 6 lbs.
Stone Has zero packs at 4lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prm

WKR

Hmm, My Stryker, with some extra straps and buckles, a water bottle holder, and a compass tied on weighs 6.6lbs. I have the older Hunter Duplex frame, not one of the newer, lighter frames.

Lawnboi

WKR
So I'm. Kinda thinking more like if i got time to just do gutless and just pack meat. But if it's late in day id prefer to just gut it quicklyand pack entire thing.
Can you all post picture if using the meat shelf?
How do you all do the straps at top whens doing meat shelf. Do you connect load liftes yo frame.them add straps from frame to top of bag?

Generally id. Prefer to pack it in bag but .

How big are the deer your shooting? My stature along with where I hunt, I’m not carrying out a deer whole.

I use a fulcrum now for everything. I did the small pack thing, imo it’s just trying to make it into something it’s not. With the fulcrum, if I’m in a hurry I can strap a whole quartered deer between the wings, strap it down and go.

OP
GiantGreg

GiantGreg

Lil-Rokslider
How big are the deer your shooting? My stature along with where I hunt, I’m not carrying out a deer whole.

I use a fulcrum now for everything. I did the small pack thing, imo it’s just trying to make it into something it’s not. With the fulcrum, if I’m in a hurry I can strap a whole quartered deer between the wings, strap it down and go.
Deer here are pretty small. I've weighed the last few ive kill ed They usually 80-85 pounds gutted.

OP
GiantGreg

GiantGreg

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up ordering a hoodlum yesterday.
I'll decide if i get rid of styrker this time next year.