Possible scammer SKM2323

223dude

WKR
I posted a WTB add in firearms
For a S&W 329pd.

SKM2323
Respond with the following-
Hello,

If you are still looking to buy the 329PD, I have an excellent used but LNIB Smith & Wesson 329PD Revolver 44 Remington Mag. Have put approximately 200 rounds through it. The revolver is free from any rust, scratch, or pitting. Obviously, there are signs of honest handling.
Features 4" barrel, Wood Grip, Matte Titanium Finish, 6 Rd, HiViz Sights. Comes with box, papers and extra grip. I would like to test the waters to see if the 329PD finds a better home.

I’ll do $800 shipped to your FFL. I can send photos, let me know if you are interested.

-Thanks
END Quote.

I posted back saying I would like pic
And He sent me some,
Then I asked for a pic of the gun and a piece of paper with his and my screen names and he sent it.

We set up payment with Zelle.

I asked for his name, address, and email,
To make the payment, and he gave it.

I called the number and a guy with a Indian accent Answered,

I quizzed him on it and he did not know the ammo it shot. Are much about guns.
I asked him to check my feedback and send me the gun, and then I would pay him.

He sad no, but would send it if I payed him $300 now and the orther $500 when I received it.

Also Researching him on here,
I found his post Introducing himself
In the FMG forum as Fred.
And yet he sad his name he gave me is
David R. Laforce.

Also his home address dose not check out.

What do you guys think??

He has +1 feedback.
And 19 posts.
Joined Jun 2021.
Yeah be careful!
Some of these dirtbags make a bunch of fluff posts and give their other accounts feedback. Dig a little deeper and you can see red flags 🚩

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Couple thoughts

First off when you feel something isn't right walk away.

Second let a moderator know so they can check into it because typically these people are scamming multiple people at the same time and the faster the issue is raise the more quickly they can be banned.

Lastly if everyone posts the tail tail signs of a scammer it educates them and they come back smarter and harder to detect until after they've screwed someone out of thier hard earned money.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
223dude

223dude

WKR
Couple thoughts

First off when you feel something isn't right walk away.

Second let a moderator know so they can check into it because typically these people are scamming multiple people at the same time and the faster the issue is raise the more quickly they can be banned.

Lastly if everyone posts the tail tail signs of a scammer it educates them and they come back smarter and harder to detect until after they've screwed someone out of thier hard earned money.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Understood,
Can you handle this?
If not what mod?

Do I delete this thread?

Try reverse image searching any photos he shared. I recently discovered a guy on another site - monstermulyes.com - offering to sell me some swaro optics. He texted me photos and when I reverse image searched I discovered they were from a post on Rokslide a year ago. He used the exact same language from that post in our text exchange. Be very careful.

landman650

Lil-Rokslider
Try reverse image searching any photos he shared. I recently discovered a guy on another site - monstermulyes.com - offering to sell me some swaro optics. He texted me photos and when I reverse image searched I discovered they were from a post on Rokslide a year ago. He used the exact same language from that post in our text exchange. Be very careful.
How do you do that from a photo in a text?

also how do we hunt down someone in India?

Use this link, drag and drop the photo you received and it'll search the big 'ol interwebs to find other places that photo has appeared. A lot of these scammers find threads from other sites, take the photos and wording, post it to another site or in my case, send it via text message. Always always have a live phone conversation with a Seller too, it's pretty easy to sniff out if someone is bullshitting with a live phone conversation (+ heavy accents with limited knowledge of the product are obvious give aways).

Use this link, drag and drop the photo you received and it'll search the big 'ol interwebs to find other places that photo has appeared. A lot of these scammers find threads from other sites, take the photos and wording, post it to another site or in my case, send it via text message. Always always have a live phone conversation with a Seller too, it's pretty easy to sniff out if someone is bullshitting with a live phone conversation (+ heavy accents with limited knowledge of the product are obvious give aways).
Sorry, this link: https://images.google.com/

Spoonman

WKR
Here is another one . This has been happening on other forums the exact same way. They have done this multiple times. Tell you about a friend that’s not in the forum from some other state that you have to email!

Attachments

• ABCF16C0-4CAD-485C-BACC-3DB4999DD2AF.png
    ABCF16C0-4CAD-485C-BACC-3DB4999DD2AF.png
    206.5 KB · Views: 27