Post Your 7 SAUM Custom Rifles Please!

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
After building 4 semi-custom Tikka T3 rifles I'd like to go full custom for my next build.

I will be building a 7 SAUM and was wondering if I could get some builds posted here. Please post photos and detailed specs if you can!

Thanks!

NE Herd Bull

Lil-Rokslider
My action has been on order for what seems like forever!
Haha
I am really looking forward to this build, but the "waiting is the hardest part"
Will post if it ever comes together

N2TRKYS

WKR
A pic of the rifle and an action shot for good measure. Lol

Remington Model Seven SS with a 22” factory barrel. It has a B&C Medalist stock on it.

Attachments

• ED809216-1003-476A-85A5-5EDC4C119FE5.jpeg
    ED809216-1003-476A-85A5-5EDC4C119FE5.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 295
  • 2EF5246E-E0C3-44A7-8EFB-4866D57EA8E6.jpeg
    2EF5246E-E0C3-44A7-8EFB-4866D57EA8E6.jpeg
    291.7 KB · Views: 294

deadwolf

WKR
52db33f018f8b2b344997630930b53bf.jpg

4d944e3b5f8d11310fbce0a2e594982f.jpg

Here’s my 7 SAUM, built by Blue Mountain Precision. Medium Lone Peak Fuzion action, 22” Proof Sendero, Manners EH1 Elite fill, trigger tech special, Hawkins bottom metal and rings, NF NX8 2.5-20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forest

WKR
I am in the midst of a saum build as well. I'm going on tikka action though, adding ag alpine hunter stock, carbon six 20" barrel with 8 twist, zeiss v4 and finished off with an ultra 7 suppressor. My goal is to shoot the 155 hammer, or 175gr lrab as a second choice. Should have all my pieces together in another month or two, and hopefully the smith will have it ready to rock by spring!

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

BAKPAKR

WKR
52db33f018f8b2b344997630930b53bf.jpg

4d944e3b5f8d11310fbce0a2e594982f.jpg

Here’s my 7 SAUM, built by Blue Mountain Precision. Medium Lone Peak Fuzion action, 22” Proof Sendero, Manners EH1 Elite fill, trigger tech special, Hawkins bottom metal and rings, NF NX8 2.5-20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice looking rifle. What is the weight and how does it shoot?

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I am in the midst of a saum build as well. I'm going on tikka action though, adding ag alpine hunter stock, carbon six 20" barrel with 8 twist, zeiss v4 and finished off with an ultra 7 suppressor. My goal is to shoot the 155 hammer, or 175gr lrab as a second choice. Should have all my pieces together in another month or two, and hopefully the smith will have it ready to rock by spring!

I’d love to build one off a Tikka action. What are the details to achieve this?

Forest

WKR
I’d love to build one off a Tikka action. What are the details to achieve this?
Just need a magnum bolt face (I'm converting a 300wsm.) Since mine is a short action I'm gonna have him swap out the bolt stop and run it on long action, from what I've read it's an extremely easy process. Will have all the magazine space I'd ever want. Also going to use a 5 round mountain tactical mag

Gila

WKR
Just need a magnum bolt face (I'm converting a 300wsm.) Since mine is a short action I'm gonna have him swap out the bolt stop and run it on long action, from what I've read it's an extremely easy process. Will have all the magazine space I'd ever want. Also going to use a 5 round mountain tactical mag

You will need the Tikka long action with a magnum (.540 bolt face like from a 300 win mag for instance). Tikka action is really a standard length in comparision to other actions. If your donor action is a short action then you can change the bolt stop like Forest did. You can change it yourself, it’s incredibly simple. I have not yet figured out a solution that will work me for a long magazine that will stack the RUM case though. I have not decided if my next Tikka rifle will be a 7 SAUM. Do I want a magazine that will stack the RUM case and accept a COAL of at least 3.1?

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
You will need the Tikka long action with a magnum (.540 bolt face like from a 300 win mag for instance). Tikka action is really a standard length in comparision to other actions. If your donor action is a short action then you can change the bolt stop like Forest did. You can change it yourself, it’s incredibly simple. I have not yet figured out a solution that will work me for a long magazine that will stack the RUM case though. I have not decided if my next Tikka rifle will be a 7 SAUM. Do I want a magazine that will stack the RUM case and accept a COAL of at least 3.1?
I have a 300 win mag Tikka already that I never use. Sitting in a McMillan Hunters Edge with High Desert Bottom Metal and YoDave Trigger spring.

I use the long mountain tactical mags in it. Could I simply swap to a 7 SAUM barrel or is there more required? I assume the stock would have to be changed as well to fit an aftermarket barrel?Thanks!

Last edited:

Gila

WKR
You can order a 7 SAUM barrel with the same profile as that of the Tikka 300 win mag barrel. Then you wouldn’t have to modify the stock. If you want a different barrel profile or contour, McMillan would know how to make the mods if you want to keep the stock.

Hopefully someone will come along with the mag solution. The .404 Jeffrey parent case for the SAUM is quite a bit larger in diameter than the .375 H&H parent case for the 300 win mag.

BAKPAKR

WKR
Hells Canyon Armory makes a magazine designed for longer than SAAMI SAUM/WSM cartridges, but good luck catching them in stock.

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
nice rifles posted so far. I'm buying parts to possibly build a 7 saum soon. I'm going with a long action so seating bullets long will be an option.

Last edited:

OutdoorAg

WKR
I have a 300 win mag Tikka already that I never use. Sitting in a McMillan Hunters Edge with High Desert Bottom Metal and YoDave Trigger spring.

I use the long mountain tactical mags in it. Could I simply swap to a 7 SAUM barrel or is there more required? I assume the stock would have to be changed as well to fit an aftermarket barrel?Thanks!
In that hunters edge stock you can def fit a Bart 2B. I’d buy this barrel, then get in line with a local gunsmith - or even WTO - to have them chamber it in 7 SAUM and twist it on. Keep that 300 mag barrel. The Tikka factory barrels sell pretty easily.

Then get in line for an HCA magazine. Get on the email back order notification list. That's how I got mine. That said, the magazine your 300 mag came with will work for a lot of SAUM bullets. Just not the super long heavies.