Post Your 7 SAUM Custom Rifles Please!

Well heck, throwing a prefit on a 300WM Tikka sounds like the easy button for sure.
Yep. Carbon6 will do whatever length and twist, but they wouldn't cut a different freebore so I have to find someone local to throat it for that 3.1 length

Hey mine is near identical.

Tikka t3x stainless action
20” carbon six 1-8 twist
Area 419 20 Moa rail
Zeiss ultralight medium rings
Zeiss v4 6-24x50
Mesa precision altitude stock
Trigger spring
Shooting 168 Bergers at 2800 FPS
Ultra 9 suppressor (when It gets here)
Cheap but light magpul bipod
Still waiting on the suppressor of course. (Currently at 280 days since check cashed)
One thing I would change next time is to not get a saami spec chamber. Would like to run bullets out a little further or even some heavies but it shoots great so can’t complain.
View attachment 348796
View attachment 348800View attachment 348801
View attachment 348796
What stock is that?

rootacres

WKR
Just took my 2nd critter with my 7mm SAUM build. My first Coues, 425yds. The first was a 7 x 6 bull taken at 325yds.

22" Proof Sendero
Bighorn Origin SA (hinge floorplate w/ Wyatt standard box)
Vortex Razor LHT 3-15x42
Alterra Arms Stock
Timney HIT Trigger
Area 419 Brake

As you see it (minus the bipod), loaded with scope cover = 9.0 lbs.

IMG_0342.jpg

Last edited:

Redside

Lil-Rokslider
Yep. Carbon6 will do whatever length and twist, but they wouldn't cut a different freebore so I have to find someone local to throat it for that 3.1 length
I'm on this 7SAUM suppressed train as well. I just ordered a 20" 7SAUM LA Tikka Prefit a few weeks ago through C6. They now have a custom throat reamer so you can throat longer. I didn't have brass yet so had UnknownMunitions make a dummy round with 155gr Hammers that I'll send in to them to throat for. They'll also put the barrel on my action.

I just sent the bolt and action to LRI today for bolt fluting and cerakote.

Also, just got a call from Mesa Precision on the stock and they'll have that sent out in a couple weeks.

Only thing I have left to buy for rifle parts is the suppressor, scope and mounts. Going with a TBAC Gen2 Ultra 7, but haven't decided on scope.

This is my first go around building a rifle, pretty fun! Hopefully will have it all put together and ready for spring bear, well without the suppressor any way.

I'm on this 7SAUM suppressed train as well. I just ordered a 20" 7SAUM LA Tikka Prefit a few weeks ago through C6. They now have a custom throat reamer so you can throat longer. I didn't have brass yet so had UnknownMunitions make a dummy round with 155gr Hammers that I'll send in to them to throat for. They'll also put the barrel on my action.

Also, just got a call from Mesa Precision on the stock and they'll have that sent out in a couple weeks.

Only thing I have left to buy for rifle parts is the suppressor, scope and mounts. Going with a TBAC Gen2 Ultra 7, but haven't decided on scope.

This is my first go around building a rifle, pretty fun! Hopefully will have it all put together and ready for spring bear, well without the suppressor any way.
Good to know if I ever have another barrel done for this. Sounds like a fun build and I've certainly enjoyed picking out all the parts for mine. I'm wondering now if I should just torque it up and shoot some lighter weight bullets to break the barrel in and have it throated afterwards. Guess it depends if that gunsmith will throat a shot barrel

amassi

WKR

The Hammers are insensitive to seating depth; you may want to throat for a long range bullet

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
778E46CA-2E53-4F66-8FE6-AD9FD705C85E.jpeg
Defiance anTi-X (XM)
22" Proof
AG Composites Visigoth
Timney Elite Hunter
Zeiss V4 4-16x44
Thunderbeast Ultra 7

Total weight is a hair over 9lbs scoped and suppressed.

Loads with RL-23, ADG Brass, SAAMI Chamber...
  • 155 Hammers @ 3010 (killed the pictured bull at 550yds)
  • 168 VLDs @ 2940
  • 175 ELD-X @ 2910

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
I need to quit reading this thread before I convince myself that I need an 18" barreled 7saum. I do already have the TBAC Ultra 7 on the way.
I'm already convinced. I'm swapping my 26in tube for a 18 from C6 to run my Dead Air Nomad LT.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

frank church guy

Lil-Rokslider
24" proof sendora
lone peak razor - nitrride action/bolt
AG composite premium action/bolt
-cat 700 stock
-devcon bedded
trigger tech flat
nightforce nx8
tb ultra 7

It is a harris bipod. I tried an atlas. I just like dependability of a harris. Two shots I had it zero. One shot bore sighted, and the next dead center. two more for the group all touching. Five more shots, including a group, (600 yards) had my dope for the shooter app. This is with 160 accubonds, but I think this rifle will shoot anything.

It has killed two elk. (110 yards, 15 yards), A whitetail at 560 (I think it was a touch further because I was a bit low and I think I kept ranging a log 40 yards in front of him, still one shot), three bears, some yotes, a wolf and lots of rock chucks (for practice at long range). I have only had it for two years.

my friend and dealer sent the action and bore off to a guy in south or north dakota. Iwish I knew who. It took a long time to have that work done but I do know he does a lot of the long range shooters stuff.

My friends (who I work for now) brother in law does a lot of long range competitions, shoots a 300 prc and swears if he does another build it wiil be a 7 saum.

Attachments

• rifl 2.jpg
    rifl 2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 101
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 99

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
18in SAUM blank arrived today from Carbon Six. Pretty surprised it showed up. Just under 3 months, I was expecting at least 6 month wait. Heading to the smith to get it spun for 150 classic hunters. Now if my Eform can just slide through for my Nomad LT.
8fd37b15d256629edb9d41e2faff9529.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk