Posting Pictures from Your PC Tutorial! (No PhotoBucket needed)

Curtis C

WKR
If you want to post pictures directly from your PC and have them show as full size this is what you need to do.

Just wanted to add that I used the Mozilla Firefox Browser for this project.

Start in the “General Settings” of your settings page.

Start here

main.jpg

Then Here

gen setting.jpg

Then here. To change from basic editor to enhanced interface.

inter.jpg

Once You have change to "Enhanced Interface" click " Save Changes" at bottom.

You will be done here so you can go back to the forum now.

More to come!

Last edited:
OP
Curtis C

Curtis C

WKR
Then when you want to reply click " Go Advanced"

Your reply box should look like this

reply.jpg

Then click the " Insert Image" Icon

Then you get photo box like this that will allow you to search your PC for pics.

photo box.jpg

Find and upload the picture(s) you want to load.

More to Come!

Last edited:
OP
Curtis C

Curtis C

WKR
Now once your photo uploads it will appear in the editor like this. Dont go to fast here as there is an important step you need to take here.

in box.jpg

You will need to mouse over the photo until you get the pencil image at the top left corner. Click the pencil and you get a box like this.

size choice.jpg

Choose the size you would like. I have been using Large or Full Size with good results. Then click "Save"

You are Done! Now just hit "Submit Reply" and your photo will show full size in the thread.

Last edited:

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried this out and changed my settings, but when I reply and hit the Insert Image Icon, I don't get any option of downloading from my computer. A box comes up with please enter the URL.

OP
Curtis C

Curtis C

WKR
Are you guys trying to post from "Go Advanced"? Take a look at the third pic from the bottom. Notice how it looks like "From URL" is highlighted? The tab that says "From Computer" looks dim. Make sure the "From Computer" is the front tab.

If that doesn't work I have another setting change for you guys.

Let me Know

wyelkhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I just tired it in internet explorer. after I find the file on my computer and when I click upload nothing happens. Can't figure it out. will keep messing with it.

what is the other setting change?

OP
Curtis C

Curtis C

WKR
Another option for uploading is to use the Paperclip Icon. You will get a slightly different uploader screen. I would suggest keeping the "Enhanced Attachment" option set to off if you use this method. This method seemed clunky with Firefox.

paper clip.jpg

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried all of these methods and none of them seem to work. I am using a Mac if that makes a difference, but I don't know. The paperclip method also doesn't work on my computer. Photobucket works fine, it just adds a couple of extra steps.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Curtis C, There goes the server space:) I have been waiting for someone to start this thread!

OP
Curtis C

Curtis C

WKR
Rosinbag I will look into posting from a Mac. Using ours it all looks very similar but doesn't post quite right as you already know. I'll let you know as soon as I get it sorted out.

C

Mine just said post from "My computer or URL" I clicked the My PC and sent the picture. I just had to click on the picture on Rokslide.. looked fine Thanks Curtis

VANDAL

WKR
20080815194315(3).jpg

pencil.png