Potential government shut down. Narional forrest

Question, with the potential government shut down. If it happens will the national forrests stay open or do they get closed down? Have a hunt coming up and it would suck to loose the experience due to a shut down of the forest

zacattack

WKR
If I remember correctly under Trump national parks and forests stayed open. But who knows with *President Biden

Northpark

WKR
A gov shutdown will mean campgrounds etc will be closed on national forest lands but the land it self is still open and won’t effect access as access is free anyways. National Parks will be closed as they require a fee to enter.

Bottom line is your hunt will not be impacted unless you were going to be stopping at a Forest Service office for info or staying at a campground.

Mike7

WKR
Under the Obama era shut down, the fed admin had the forest service district employees where I was in Washington State put yellow ribbon across the entrance to any pullout, parking area, or campground, and then they went home.

Before I arrived, there was no dilemma about access, because "all" of the deer hunters (who had paid their taxes all year and finally had 1 week off that had been planned all year) tore down the yellow ribbon and camped and hunted just as if Washington DC didn't exist.

I met a fed govt worker while out hunting, and from his lowly position, he thought that it was a bunch of bull crap as well. So I suspect that the workers on the ground weren't too keen to enforce that political edict.

But who knows what will happen now in some areas used to bossing around people over covid.

Campgrounds with gates will be closed, but the LEOs and fire folks will still be working if the Gov’t shut down. Honestly don’t worry about it and go hunting. Wouldn’t be surprised if Biden closed the federal lands though if a shutdown accrued.

I remember in 2012 or thereabouts they 'shut down' BLM ground to all recreation. That's what was on the national news. When we got to Montana there were no posted signs or anything so we just hunted it anyway.

S.Clancy

WKR
I remember in 2012 or thereabouts they 'shut down' BLM ground to all recreation. That's what was on the national news. When we got to Montana there were no posted signs or anything so we just hunted it anyway.
It was 2013. I hunted that week. Good times