Potential Upgrade to Limb Driven Rest

Norm555

WKR
I have a ripcord ace rest that has worked well for me the last few years with no failures, but I've been looking at the hamskea trinity as a potential upgrade to go with a limb driven rest. Is it worth it to make the change? Or is this just one more gear item I'm overthinking? I'm most concerned with having the toughest rest possible that is never going fail on me in the field.

Wapiti1

WKR
The toughest rest possible is probably a Whisker Biscuit.

There are pros and cons to both of the rests you are comparing. I don't think you can go wrong with either. I currently shoot a Hamskea hunter on one bow and a Schaffer XV on another. I shot a Ripcord Code Red for a long time and a QAD for a while. I never had any issues with either other than the QAD was loud for some reason that I never figured out. I never had a failure to fall with either. Some guys have. Some guys have caught the string on their Hamskea as well and had issues.

In other words, if it ain't broke...…...

Jeremy

CaliforniaMuley209

Lil-Rokslider
I am actually putting a hamskea trinity on my bow this week. Going to give it a try. Haven’t had any issues with my drop away but have heard how easy tuning is with a limb driven rest. We’ll see!

ahlgringo

WKR
overthinking it. I do like micro adjust- but it is a luxury not a necessity. Lots of rests will do the job. I have a hamskea hunter pro, a trinity and a handful of Qads- they all work just fine and never had a problem with any of em.

OP
N

Norm555

WKR
I have a trinity. I’m a big fan!

Does the hamskea trinity make a sound when it drops? I can't tell based on the videos. My ripcord definitely makes a slap sound when it hits the shelf, although I've quieted it down a bit with felt.

renagde

WKR
I have shot a Vapor Trail ever since they came out with the hunting version. It's never given me any problems and I'm looking at possibly upgrading to the newest model soon. I don't have any reason to try any other brand.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Does the hamskea trinity make a sound when it drops? I can't tell based on the videos. My ripcord definitely makes a slap sound when it hits the shelf, although I've quieted it down a bit with felt.
I’ve not noticed a slap. Always hard to tel when you’re the shooter but I had a guy at the range comment on how quiet my bow was (83lbs).

Zac

WKR
I listened to a podcast with the guys from Wilde Arrow. They said the biggest change they have seen from the QAD to the Hamskea is better groups from 80 yards and further. Your just getting a little more forgiveness leaving the launcher up longer, enabling some more guidance on the shaft.

I love The Fall Podcast | EP 98 | Bow Build Part 2 With Wilde Arrow Archery Becoming A Better Bow Mechanic, let's play it!