powder measure recomendation

jlink83

FNG
What is everyone using to measure their powder by volume these days? Looking to possibly update my old measure.

What is everyone using to measure their powder by volume these days? Looking to possibly update my old measure.

This is what I use. I have used other but I always return to this one. Other will have other suggestions...

Thompson Center Brass Volume measure.

TC_Poder_Mearsure.jpg

The BIG thing is to develop a method of filling and cutting the powder with the sliding top. Once developed repeat it every time.

I use the cheap clear plastic tubes to find the "volume" charge size. Then I weigh it and load all my cheap clear tubes with that exact same weighed volume charge amount.

This is what I use. I have used other but I always return to this one. Other will have other suggestions...

Thompson Center Brass Volume measure.

TC_Poder_Mearsure.jpg

The BIG thing is to develop a method of filling and cutting the powder with the sliding top. Once developed repeat it every time.
Wish I can find these instock.

What flask you using that works with BH209 when doing by volume into the measure? I had one that worked and it broke. Tried two others and both with get powder stuck.

Mine are all hand made bye me of deer antler. But then I shoot flint long rifles and am a bit of a traditionalist.

huck

Lil-Rokslider
I use an old TC brass measurer goes up to 150 gr. ,Iwrap tape around it for 120 so Idont mess up .

Eastcoasthunter94

Lil-Rokslider
I first eye ball my powder in a measuring tube by volume then I use a digital scale to weigh each load out. I aim for 77-78 grains by weight which equates to roughly 110 grains by volume