Powder recommendations for 7mm rem mag

jonnyviceroy

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, I’m looking for powder recommendations for a 7mm rem mag, I’m from canada and you cannot find H1000 or H4831 in store or online up here so I’m wondering what other powders would work well in my setup. I have seen some VV N165 and N560 around, does anyone have experience with either of these in 7mm rem mag?
I’ll be shooting 150 grain ELD-X out of a tikka t3x (24.5” barrel).

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
I have a good buddy shooting that exact bullet and a tikka as well. He’s had great luck with the good ol imr 7828ssc and it’s usually significantly easier to find.

Just a note of clarification. Bloody -- An accumulation of blood between muscle groups, usually in connective tissue.

Bloodshot-- A rupture of muscle tissue creating a black gooey mess of blood engorged muscle.

Just a note of clarification. Bloody -- An accumulation of blood between muscle groups, usually in connective tissue.

Bloodshot-- A rupture of muscle tissue creating a black gooey mess of blood engorged muscle.

I agree. Bloodshot is spongy, disrupted tissue with no value except to scavengers. I cut all of it out since it goes bad quickly and with enthusiasm.

P

I just wanted to add that I also don't see fragmentation of my bullets either. When I shot sierra game kings, I didn't see fragmentation but often the lead would separate from the copper but would be together in a meat- bullet sandwich. With the interlocks I just get a nice round , expanded bullet - usually on the offside just under the hide. I have never found any lead particles in the meat. Hence no reason to change.

I don't require anyone to change if you have had success. I just know what has worked for me for 59 seasons.

I own four 7mags. Two likes imr 4831 with 160gr. Sgk Over max charge Winchester mag primer. One I'm trying rotumbo in with 160 accubonds, time will tell. And one shoots imr 4064 under 150 bt. The 4064 was not an ideal choice, but it's sub moa...