Powder Scales

mtnkid85

WKR
Ive been using a RCBS charge master for several years. It does well. I always check it against my RCBS 505 balance scale.

With any electronic scale, its important to isolate it from your bench so its not getting vibrated from running the press handle and let it "warm up" when first turning it on.

Axlrod

WKR
I have 2 Chargemasters and a redding beam. The CM's are used a LOT and the Redding not much. I bought the second CM incase the first one broke - I didn't want to be without one.

ghostmoney

Lil-Rokslider
Fx-120i. Hopefully next week I will have the autothrow to go with it. The chargemaster will be getting sold shortly.

tdhanses

WKR
I have the Lyman gen6 and can’t recommend it, I don’t trust it and seem to have to calibrate it a ton. Lyman was good to work with when it was way off and they fixed it up but just doesn’t seem to be the best option, personally stay away from it.

tdhanses

WKR
I haven’t tried using it

I picked one up today and the Bluetooth is finicky but if you have issues just unplug it, not just turn it off. It says it isn’t compatible with my iPhone or iPad but if I unplug and the start over I get it to connect. It’s handy but by no means necessar.

rayporter

WKR
chargemaster has been hauled from florida to ohio to texas for many years and still goes. lately i have been worrying if the miles have put it on limited time. wish i could justify the fx auto throw. it is neat to watch it drop the last kernel into the pan and then show exactly xx.000

bradb

WKR
Fx 120i. Lots more expensive but its not even close.

Pair it with a auto trickle set up and cats ass.

tstith

Lil-Rokslider
+1 for Chargemaster. It is consistent and does everything I need it to do.

Fx 120i. Lots more expensive but its not even close.

Pair it with a auto trickle set up and cats ass.

It's definitely an investment but well worth the money. My autothrow and auto trickler makes charging almost fun.