Powder Valley has 215g Berger Hybrids in stock

Long range shooters really like to run the .308 caliber 215g Berger Hybrids and they are always hard to find. Powder Valley has them right now in stock. I just got a bunch.
Better act fast!

OP
JustOneMoreShot
Jeff! How are you? You are the inspiration for me trying out the 215g Bergers! I bought 6 boxes because I am almost out from my last big order. My 300RUM loves them. I have accurate loads with either Retumbo or H1000 that I have worked up.

Broz

WKR
Jeff! How are you? You are the inspiration for me trying out the 215g Bergers! I bought 6 boxes because I am almost out from my last big order. My 300RUM loves them. I have accurate loads with either Retumbo or H1000 that I have worked up.

Doin great Thanks! The 30 cal 215's are a true advantage over many bullets in many calibers. I have compared them to many in the field and they bring much to the table in both accuracy at distance and killing power.

Glad to hear the RUM likes them, that thing must really send them with authority.

Jeff

Broz

WKR
Are they Hybids good for Hunting? Never tried them.

My 300 win is 22 and 0 with them for one shot cold bore kills on big game. Many elk, antelope and deer. Closest was a bull at 200 yards and we got a 26" wound channel diagonally through far shoulder. The farthest was an antelope at 1285 yards with a 1 1/4" exit. 3 other antelope over 900 yards, a couple elk at 800ish and some elk in the 500 to 600 yard range. My MV is 3035 fps.

They work very well for me. Place them decently and I see no issues with them. We strive for vital damage, so we shoot the crease tight behind the shoulder if we can.

And this does not include all the game we have taken with 30 cal 230 gr Hybrids and 338 cal 300 gr hybrids.

Jeff

Last edited:
Yup that sounds like it will work. Does the bullet still fragment like the hunting rounds or does it hold togeather and deform to create its wound chanel.

Broz

WKR
Yup that sounds like it will work. Does the bullet still fragment like the hunting rounds or does it hold togeather and deform to create its wound chanel.

I documented 19 kills with pictures , entrance and exit sizes, impact velocities and such in a thread on LRO. But I can tell you every single entrance at all distances was a .308 hole. Then the bullet does fragment and wreck havoc with internals. Of course like with any bullet expect more expansion with higher impact velocities up close. But still expect good expansion even past 1000 yards. We didn't get exits on elk until we were past 500+ yards. But none took many steps if any.

Jeff

OP
JustOneMoreShot
So happy that I got my order today! This should feed my .300RUM for a little while! Oh and a few more pieces of brass for my 6.5.

So happy that I got my order today! This should feed my .300RUM for a little while! Oh and a few more pieces of brass for my 6.5.

Glad u got yours! I ordered not 10 minutes after your post and received an email 2 days later saying they were out of stock. Oh well that's how it goes sometimes...

Mike