Practicing mid-season

When I sighted in my bow for broadheads there was a pretty meaningful change to my point of impact. Getting it adjusted was no big deal, but now that I want to keep practicing at the same frequency I was during the off season, I'm not sure what would be easier, going back to field tips and just making sure my groups are consistent (even if they are off the mark after making my broadhead adjustments), or practicing with my broadheads and just taking the extra time to resharpen them before I go out to hunt. How do you all keep up with your practice mid-season?

Once the bow is tuned so that field points and broadheads hit together you should be done, right?

I've found that I need to shoot broadheads periodically just to make sure my grip on the bow isn't changing. If the broadheads don't hit right it's almost always my grip.

So like *zap* I shoot mostly field points but check with broadheads every now and then.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
How can I get the same poi for both broadheads and field tips?

The same way you get the same POI with FP's and bare shafts........tune your bow. That will possibly involve rest adjustments, d-loop adjustments, yoke adjustments, cam timing adjustments, and maybe even shimming the cams to get perfect arrow flight. You'll also want to make sure your grip and form are good, that your arrows are spined well for your setup, and that your BH arrows spin perfectly true. I BS tune at 20 yards and then BH tune with my fixed heads at 60. After that, they're good to go out to 80.......my furthest pin, but I've shot them out to 90 in camp.

But even with the same POI I still enjoy shooting both BH's and FP's during the off-season or in camp.

SoDaky

WKR
Almost always daily regardless of weather or conditions.At least 3 shots.In remote areas with a judo which is always present in my backpack.

I keep a designated arrow/broadhead to practice with during the season. FP and BH should be pretty dang close, if not the same POI for you.

Redside

Lil-Rokslider
I'd go to your local bow shop if you have a good reputable one or if you have a friend that is really good with bow tuning and ask advise. Make sure your bow is setup properly to begin with.

Then you can start going down the rabbit hole. As 5 miles stated it could be a number of things. It might be as simple as a 1/16" move of your rest or maybe your entire setup is off. Good luck, learning how to tune can be rewarding and frustrating at the same time. In the end you'll be glad you did it as you will have much more confidence in your setup and have a more efficient bow.

jmez

WKR
Shoot a BH and a FP at the same spot, 20 yards. Do it several times so you get a consistent result. The difference in impact should be roughly the same every time. If it isn't, it is likely a form/archer issue.

If consistent just post a picture on here, what bow and arrow you are using and we can help you with adjustments to bring them together.

Usi05

WKR
I shoot my practice broadhead and one broadhead I shot a deer with last year along with one field point. If I group em tight then I am good.

I just bought a centergy and am gonna tune it up to use for second half of bow season and sell my ion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once the bow is tuned so that field points and broadheads hit together you should be done, right?

I've found that I need to shoot broadheads periodically just to make sure my grip on the bow isn't changing. If the broadheads don't hit right it's almost always my grip.

So like *zap* I shoot mostly field points but check with broadheads every now and then.

Can always double check grip/tune with bare shafts as well, they should show any issues just as a broadhead would unless the issue is fletching contact