Practicing with mechanical broadheads

ADMINS! Please move if necessary. This seemed like the appropriate place to bring this up. After some frustration over the years practicing with current mechanical broadheads of come up with a solution I’d like to share with others on here, as well as offered a service to them. The video explains everything. Let me know what you guys think.

nphunter

WKR
My buddy does the same thing with super glue and hasn't had any issues with them opening up.

Some companies, such as Sevr have a little set screw you can place to lock the blades in place for this exact same thing.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've found that my mechanicals follow my fixed blade heads pretty well for tuning. So when I get my fixed heads hitting with FP's at 60, the mechanicals always follow. So at that point I just shoot FP's with an occasional BH thrown in as the season gets closer. But ya, it helps if the BH's don't have to keep opening every shot. Tears the target and the BH up.

Sevr broadheads have a practice mode that keeps your blades from deploying and allows you to shoot your actual broadhead-arrow combination. That was a major selling feature to me, on top of all the other features of that mechanical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zkep

FNG
Those sevr BH look great! Ive been on the trypan with 70 additional grains up front but the ability to run a 125 or 150gn is pretty attractive!

Probably should consider being a sponsor if you advertise a service. Kinda how it works, they are providing a platform, I'd contact Robby Denning or Ryan Avery. I didn't tag them.

Looks like a good service. I'm assuming it's not going to work with 3 blade mechanicals. I also hated how the practice heads for many broadheads didn't match the actual broadheads, however I generally tune with fixed heads now, most mechanicals will fly fine after that.