Prana Zion Pants. Size question. New vs Old

Jakerex

WKR
So, I went to the store today and tried on a bunch of pants. I really liked the Zion pants but find myself looking for a waist size of 35, and they only had 34 or 36. 34 fit prefect, without any layering underneath. Didn’t seem like there would me much room at all for me to layer. 36 seemed a bit baggy.

Now I’m looking at some of the older Zion pants on eBay and similar and see that they were sized small, medium, large, x-large, etc.

My question is, what size does the size “large” or “x-large” cover in the older pants? Would either of these sizes do me better than a current model 34 or 36?

I’m 6’0” , 200 with short legs. Usually wear a 30” inseam

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
They went from S,M,L etc to waist sizes, even odd sizes. Not sure if the Zion II pants did away with the odd waist sizes, but I have several pairs of 35 waist Zions and Zion shorts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
The Zion II comes in a 35 waist which is what I wear. Don't know what store you were shopping but the Prana website has them.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
The Zion II comes in a 35 waist which is what I wear. Don't know what store you were shopping but the Prana website has them.

Yeah, I saw that after the fact. Not trying to spend $100 on the prana website though. I’ll look around elsewhere for stores or sites that carry 35’s at a discount

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
Still would like to know what waist size the medium, large, and x-large correlate to

sneaky

"DADDY"
Still would like to know what waist size the medium, large, and x-large correlate to

34,36,38... roughly. I'm a 35-36 and wear large in the old style

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HONEYBADGER

Lil-Rokslider
The new ones are garbage stay away. The material has a sheen to it and gets looser as you wear them. They are terrible.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
I bought two pairs of “large / 30” off of eBay and these fit how I needed. The waist is more like a 35 and length is spot on.

I wear a 34/30 in jeans and these prana’s give me a little extra room for base layers.