PrAna Zion redesign

How do you tell the old style from the new ones? I really like the zions.

Prana has branded the new ones as the Zion II. But if you're handling them the most obvious difference will be the button. The old version has a metal button mounted direct to he material and the new ones have a thin plastic button mounted to a flap of strap sewn to the material.

The new material itself feels like it could be lighter too but I don't exactly know how to quantify that.

Any one have expereince with the OR ferrosi pant as an alternative to the old model Zion?

I love the old model zion, wont be buying the new line. But the ferrosi seems to be pretty good on paper…

P Carter

WKR
Any one have expereince with the OR ferrosi pant as an alternative to the old model Zion?

I love the old model zion, wont be buying the new line. But the ferrosi seems to be pretty good on paper…
I really like the ferrosi. Better than the old Zion. (I have the old Zion and Brion.) The ferrosis are much thinner, much more breathable, much stretchier. The fit works for me, but If the ferrosis are tight in you they would really fit your figure because they’re so thin… You can get them cheap, like $40 I think.

jd1006

WKR
The Ferrosi is a good early season pant. Very light. It’s not as durable as the Zion, though. The price is great on them; I love wearing them in the summer.

tracker12

WKR
Another company trying to fool the consumer with a reaper version of what was popular. Time to find a new favorite pant. I love my Kuhn but only in there light weight model

Anyone else see the classic PrAna Zion Straights have been discontinued and there replacement is a different material? Just ordered some of the older style off REI before they are all gone. Reviews of the new materials seem to beg for the old style back.
I love my zions, I have not looked to see that their is a new style. Sometimes change isn’t worth it!

After looking around at some different brands, I ordered a pair of the territory pants by sitka. Hoping they will be comparable to the zions I have that I really love. They are a slightly higher price but if they are decent it may be a worthwhile purchase. The other option for me was the solid kuiu attack pants, those are a little more robust though, and cost accordingly more.

Very sad to hear as Zions are my everyday pant. I like the EB guide pros a lot but they don't hold up as well as others have said. I'll probably buy more of the wrangler outdoor stretch pants as they seem closer to the Zions with a much better price tag. No integrated belt though.

For everyone that really loved the old style zion pant, i have good news that the sitka territory pant is (in my opinion) a step up. Superb stretch, ultra comfortable, same size fits me better in the territory than the zion. Only negative i could see right off the bat was the lack of the zippered cargo pocket which i use as a phone holder when flying. However, the pockets on the territory are robust (2 open front, 2 open rear, plus a zippered rear and a side “phone” pocket that is too small to fit a phone) and both side pockets have a reinforced area for hanging a clip knife on or something similar.

I can not speak to the breathability or durability as i just got them, but the fabric is quieter in the territory and it feels like it should breathe just as well as the zions. I wear my zions when doing all sorts of activity outside, so I will give the territory pants a run and see how they hold up.

I know the price point is slighter higher, but if you can find the territory pant on sale or have a discount to use, they are going to be a formidable competitor to the prana zion .

Oregonboy

WKR
Prana is really excited to tell everyone the new pant are made with "more recycled material" and thus "better for the planet"...that's what the customer service rep told me when I called and asked if they had any old ones in the warehouse I could buy.

Go to the Prana website and you'll see a plethora of 1 star reviews. The original zions were my favorite pants and shorts, I'm bummed they downgraded them.

Man this is so disappointing! Saw the “new and improved” version at REI and they were awful! What in the world is Prana thinking? The originals were the best pants ever made. Time to find an alternative I guess.

I like the sitka territory so much i got another pair. A bit more expensive, but in my mind a very good upgrade from the prana zions of old.

cams

FNG
gambled in buying Prana zion pants when GoHunt had them on sale. I was pleasantly surprised with the pants, I actually like the fit. Ended up buying 2 more pairs. Bummed out about Prana’s redesign.