Prana Zion Reviews

What is everyone’s thoughts on Prana Zion pants? Fit, temp range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarylG619

FNG
Great pant, I'll buy them when on sale. They are a little baggy in the leg but run true to size for me. Not sure about temp as that can change depending on how you're hunting. I've worn them in 40 degrees with no base layer and was cold for a bit.

Great pants. My favorite non hunting pant brand. My north face pants are getting dusty since I found these. Love the shorts. Think I am up to two pair of long pants and 3 shorts. Great stretch. Durability on par with FL guide pants and sitka mountain. Better than kuiu attacks. I wore my long pants in 80+ degree Grand Canyon heat and 40s. They cut some wind but are not “winter” pants.

Be careful what version you buy. There are a few different cuts and one was on the skinny jeans side. Fine if that is what you’re into but for me they looked and fit like yoga pants.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I have the stretch pant version. They are very tight in the legs. They have a goofy belt thingy, only one cargo pocket and it’s towards the front of the leg, and not enough belt loops. I’ll never buy them again.

Cody_W

WKR
I run the stretch Zion when hunting here in central Texas. Little hot at 90°, wouldn’t mind a tiburon pant or something similar with a hip vent then, but they were warm enough with only boxers underneath this weekend hunting in a blind at 29°, though I run warm.

I bought my 1st pair last year and love them. They are extremely durable and dry really fast. If you want a tapered leg get the straight version so it doesnt bell out at the bottom. I like the cinch on the waist so I dont have to worry about a belt digging into my hips with a pack on. I wore mine for 23 days during archery elk season. If I'm not going to be moving in 40 degrees or less for long periods of time I get cold in them.

Austink47

WKR
Go try them on, sizing is kind of strange. Great all around pants, and great for early season. I cut out the stupid belt thing and just use a regular webbing belt.

boom

WKR
I wear a pair 90% of the time. Work, hiking, day to day life. I love them. I bought all the colors. Well most colors.

I hit the Columbia store in Portland and was pleasantly surprised Pranas are under the umbrella of the company. I loaded up.

Hell, I’m wearing a pair now. They do it all. I did have some threads come off in a back pocket but no big deal.

agree with above
i do not own any other pants any more
other than FL hunting pants

they are vey durable too, I've been wearing 2 pairs for work for 2 years now, no holes in knees no rips no tears, incredible pants IMO
i wear them hunting early season too, excellent pants

gfreidy

WKR
New favorite pant after I discovered them this summer. Got a pair of the regular Zion and the Convertible Zions. Convertible have cargo pockets on both legs ... regular only on left leg. Skip the belt due to the cinch strap but add a pair of FL suspenders through the belt loops. Work great!!!

Great pants! I wear the Zion Stretch all season from Spring bear to late Fall archery. If it's cooler I'll throw a layer under them, when it's really hot I'll roll the lower leg up. They are super comfortable. Don't go too big. After a few days in the backcountry they can get baggy on you. I wear the same pair for a week, at the beginning I like them a little too tight, by the end of the week they are little loose.

I have a few pairs and will probably only buy these from now on. I like the straight cut Zions that aren’t as baggy. They’re great for everything from the office to the outdoors.

JayTx

FNG
I have a pair of the Zion stretch and they are tight in the legs so I tried a pair of Brions and they have a looser fit in the legs but no cargo pockets. Both have held up well. I will eventually pony up for some better pants but these were on sale cheap.

chwebb03

FNG
I have a few pairs and will probably only buy these from now on. I like the straight cut Zions that aren’t as baggy. They’re great for everything from the office to the outdoors.

In your opinion, on the straight fits are they really skinny jean like or just not as baggy as the regular. I love the regular but could use a little tighter in the leg?

Pigdog

Lil-Rokslider
In my opinion the straight for is a little tight. I’m a fairly skinny guy and I’d like a little more room in the straight legged zions. The prana brion pants have a much better fit. Right in between the regular (baggy) and straight (tight) zions. The brion pants are made of the same fabric as the zions, they don’t have the thigh pocket or the waist belt.

I think they’re great. Get blood on them on the weekend, wash ‘em Sunday night and wear them to work Monday (bike to work and fairly casual office)

sveltri

WKR
My favorite year round pant. Super comfortable, good color, very durable. Cold is subjective, but colder temps may require layering based on activity level. The cinch on the waist is maybe my favorite feature, no belt under your pack belt is a plus for me.

Daniel Bybee

Lil-Rokslider
Favorite pant of mine, I have the stretch Zion. I have worn them chasing coues deer and other critters here in the desert and I finally after two years put a tear in them(barb wire). Overall I wear them down to probably 50 with no base layers and they work great!