WTS/WTT Pre-SWFA 6x42 MOA turret

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Behold the white whale of Rokliders near and far: the mythical 6x42 from SWFA (actually, this scope appears to be pre-SWFA, but it's made by Kenko in the same factory, so close enough). I'm selling this to help cover the cost of the .223 Tikka Compact I bought for a 2025 elephant/tiger hunt in India.

I snagged this scope on GunBroker a few months back to see what all the fuss was about. It's the MOA turret with mil reticle version, but according to sources, the SWFA 6x42 is the best optic ever devised, so I took the plunge to see for myself.

Is it really...
sharp enough to see the rings of Jupiter?
strong enough to pound railroad spikes?
capable of printing 1/4-inch groups at 1,000 yards?
dialable to infinity and back without any trace of deviation?
the ultimate value in hunting optics?

In all seriousness, the 6x42 is every bit as good as the experts say. This scope is superb, the reticle ideal for hunting and the field of view large enough to get lost in. I may like it better than the SWFA 3-9x42 I also bought a few months back. Besides a few dings and scratches, this sample here has no issues that affect function. It's good to go for your next build.

Because this is a coveted scope and possibly collectible due to it being pre SWFA, I'm asking $450 (plus shipping) for the scope or trade value in excess of $500.

SWFA-1.jpegSWFA-3.jpegSWFA-4.jpegReticle.jpeg

OP
StupidLightweight
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WeiserBucks is correct. This 6x42 has the mil dot reticle with MOA turrets. If it were mil turrets, I'd keep it, but there's zero issues with using an MOA turret instead. It's just a finer measurement. With a 77-grain TMK zeroed at 200 yards, the come up for a 450-yard shot is 8.2 MOA instead of 2.4 mils.

OP
StupidLightweight
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seems like it would difficult to use mil dots and MOA adjustment?
Compared to zeroing a rifle, crunching ballistic data, and generating/verifying a drop chart, I'd say using an MOA turret in conjunction with a mil dot reticle isn't exactly difficult. That said, it does help to stay at a Holiday Inn beforehand.

Fatcamp

WKR
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
My 3-9 is a mildot reticle. Perfect for me.

I just dial for distance and don't worry about it otherwise. I'm not using my reticle to adjust fire, I'm not that good.

ETA: MOA turrets.