Predator ambush or cabelas instinct stand hunter

evan711

Lil-Rokslider
Hi everybody, im looking at getting a new set of bibs and a jacket and was looking at predator ambush series and cabelas just came out with this years new instinct stand hunter bib and jacket. Also i am treestand bowhunting in late season so it can get down to teens sometimes. Any insight would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
Your looking for sitka fanatic. Everything you want and more in one package. Specifically designed for late season bow hunting/ and rifle hunting

Whitty

FNG
I have the Sitka Celcius jacket, Sitka Fanatic Vest, and both Ambush bibs and jacket. While all are fantastic, the Ambush series is my favorite especially for the price. Good baselayers and put them on at the base of the tree = warm, comfy, and quiet!

Arwhite90

FNG
I have not checked out the Instinct stand hunter yet, but I have checked several of the other new releases in the instinct line and have been very impressed. I own several pieces from FL and Sitka and would say the new instinct stuff is very comparable probably on par with the FL outerwear(which I think are their weaker pieces, love their base layers) and just a bit less than the Sitka, which offers just a few more technical features and fabrics(and I prefer Sitka's athletic fit, it just works for me). However it's for the most part around 30-50% less or more than the Sitka which makes it very hard for me to argue spend possibly more than double for a clothing piece when I am maybe getting 5-10% more performance. Don't get me wrong, I love some Sitka and in a perfect world(ie where I am rich haha) I'd have all Sitka for every special scenario, but I find the Instinct stuff to be a very compelling substitute to ease my budget.

OP
evan711

evan711

Lil-Rokslider
Your looking for sitka fanatic. Everything you want and more in one package. Specifically designed for late season bow hunting/ and rifle hunting
i looked at fanatic but im a lefty and they discontinued the lefty jacket and i cant find it anywhere

E-2

Lil-Rokslider
thanks for the replys sounds like both the instinct hunter or the predator ambush series would both be good choices

I owned the ambush series and liked the product for the price. I sold them to try another companies products and wish I had kept the predator ambush. I will most likely end up with the ambush series again. This time I will probably add the vest to the setup as well.