Predator gear list

ZRob97

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, wanted to see what y’all are carrying for a predator trip.

Right now Im using my mystery ranch mule with a foxpro hammerjack, bog pod adrenaline bipod, btr stool, vortex 10x42 in fhf chest pouch and a 6.5 creed with a 3-15 I use for about everything that I’m not hunting with a bow.

Alchemy

WKR
Sounds great, keep it simple. I do carry a mouth drag along with everything you mentioned above

OP
ZRob97

ZRob97

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds great, keep it simple. I do carry a mouth drag along with everything you mentioned above
Forgot to mention my old primos hand call. Always keep it tucked away incase the electronic goes down

bigmtnhntr88

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty similar except I prefer a turkey chair or predator chair so that I'm sitting lower to the ground and slightly more concealed. The only other addition is a very short, lightweight tripod that my shockwave is mounted to which gets the call up off the ground a little and really projects the sounds out farther.

FLATHEAD

WKR
I have an old Primos Turkey vest with a butt & back pad, FoxPro Inferno, and a Thermacell.
Rem. 870 stuffed with #2 Hevishot or a Marlin 25MN in .22 mag./Leupold 3x9, shooting 50gr. Fed.
Hollow Points.

TMillett

FNG
I like to keep an MFK diaphragm in my mouth. I have stopped a lot of coyotes that have been shot at or busted me with a quick yip on the diaphragm. It’s is nice to be able to stop them for a follow up shot.

TheGDog

WKR
Depending on your terrain where you are, you'd also want to get yourself a Predator Seat Cushion. They hve a back to them with 2 braces in it for support that is click-belted to the pad you sit upon to provide back support for you while on the sit. Find one with the thickest sit pad you can find. And also bring along a Z-lite sit-pad to enhance the padding for extended sits, like if you end up using the Predator cushion as a sit for Duck hunting nestled into the brush on the edge.

ALWAYS remember to bring some mouth calls. Because you never know when it'll happen that the device will get buttons and switched turned on accidentally when in your pack, so energy gets burnt during the drive-in and ya find out you're SOL on the eCaller (also a good reason to always bring extra batteries/packs.

And there's this 3D Fox Calls in the UK, they make a Mouser call and a Squealer call. Now I never leave onto a hunt without those tiny calls! They don't weigh anything, and the Mouser call can sometimes draw in curious/concerned/maternal Rabbits as well. No weight penalty, easy to blow and not feel winded, easy to blow hands-free. EDIT: underneath my mesh facemask, so out of sight too!

Also there's pair of liner gloves out there that has a little sewn-on pouch to stuff a Diaphragm call into. That's useful for holding it at the ready!

If weight is a concern get the Kwik Stix shooting sticks. I use them most of the time. Taken Ground Squirrels to like 104yds off them, so should work well for a farther out yote, like 200-250yd should be doable off them long as supporting hand holds the rifle to the bipod, and how that creates like a triangle of opposing forces to help lock-in your aiming. Can sometimes be a lil bothering setting up for the shot ahead of time when soil is soft with lots of decayed leaf material and stuff like that, those smallish tent-pole sized sticks sink into the soft stuff a bit sometimes. Usually just requires a minor move a lil one way or the other to where you put the sticks down at so they don't sink in.

If I'm going expressly for predators, I'll bring the Primos Trigger Stick sit-height tripod if I know I'll be encountering a lot of steep hillsides as where I'll be selecting my sit at, to overlook the eCaller/Decoy from up aways.

And for predators... find you a very warm camo'd puffy that's ultra packable! Recently got one from Cabelas I'm diggin' on! That VSX camo, Very warm layer. Like it'd have to be in mid 40's before you'd likely even want to put this jacket on because it's soo warm! But It's not really waterproof, so I bring a rain shell as well just in case.

EDIT: And Definitely get you a North Mountain Gear Leafy Suit! And if very hot where you are, the Kill Suit Mesh Ghillie Suit (the SAPR version, don't get the pants, bad idea) they sell at AllPredatorCalls.com for Desert Environments! You disappear in that thing and it's good about letting air thru with the breeze, so you're not dying in the heat. And.. a Natural Gear Mesh Face Mask! My all-purpose works with everything facemask!

Last edited: