Prefered number of arrows in your quiver.

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
I like to carry 5,

3 broadheads
2 judo.

That give me one arrow for a practice/confidence shot once I'm set up.

One arrow incase I run across a chicken.

And 3 broad heads. Last year three wasn't enough on one hunt lol. I took a poke at 2 coyotes and then had a bear come in and had to decide between shooting a bear and ending my deer hunt or passing on the bear and waiting for deer.

I think the situation matters if others commenting can mention what/where (ex: Big Game Western Hunting vs. East Farmland Whitetail hunting).

I hunt whitetails in Virginia and only have a 3 arrow quiver. I'd have a 2 arrow one if they existed. If I need more than 2 shots on a deer I need to go back to the range and practice. My hunting is primarily hiking around the mountains for 8 hours (no camping or treestand hunting). I'm new to archery but have taken two deer. Each only needed one arrow, and then my hunt was over.

oldgoat

WKR
If Selway made a 7 or 8 arrow model, I'd buy it, it's usually a long damn way back to the truck elk hunting and I'll turn an elk hunt into a grouse hunt at the drop of a hat, I want at least 5 arrows with broad heads and a judo and then have a couple extra broadheads with me. Recently my judo arrow has a cheap broadhead on it that's sharp and I change our to judo head if time allows. Shot a cow moose in 2019, wounded her, had to hunt for her and finish her off, she didn't run off and I emptied my quiver into her just to try and end it a little faster! Deer hunting, I'm never that awfully far from the truck and it's mostly flat and low elevation so I carry 4 good broadheads, one cheap and one judo. So, six arrow model is what I use!

Geewhiz

WKR
The more the better IMO. Plan for the unexpected.

Everybody says "it should only take 1 arrow" but if your elk hunting for days on end and miles from the truck I'll tell you, I don't want to run out of arrows.

OP
TaterTot

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 7 arrow quiver. Typically only 5 in it but all the same broadheads. I quit carrying judos as I found squrriels and the like to tempting. Interesting take away, My mature buck sightings went up after I quit popping off at all the woodland creatures.

Hahaha, I hear you. I don't take shots at squirrels, though sometimes if really like to. But I can't pass up a grouse or a coyote if I stumble across one.

I’ve had a 4 arrow quiver for a while now, and it was all I wanted when I was whitetail hunting. But now I do a lot of hunting in an area where I can see tons of pigs, squirrels, and turkeys all in the same day, and since I’m often stalking, shots are usually long. I definitely wouldn’t mind bumping up to a 6 arrow quiver.

Beendare

WKR
Is there a 20 arrow quiver for a stick bow? Grin

I currently have a 5 arrow quiver.

I think that practice arrow is THE most important of the bunch. I always take a shot at first light....just to be as tuned up as possible.

I like shooting in the woods at varmints, squirrels, Grouse. stumps whatever. And yes, I lose some arrows; buried in the dirt/grass, broken after hitting a rock, etc. I don't know how some guys can go days without unleashing an arrow.....thats the reason I'm out there is to pull that string back!

_

oldgoat

WKR

I think that practice arrow is THE most important of the bunch. I always take a shot at first light....just to be as tuned up as possible.

I like shooting in the woods at varmints, squirrels, Grouse. stumps whatever. And yes, I lose some arrows; buried in the dirt/grass, broken after hitting a rock, etc. I don't know how some guys can go days without unleashing an arrow.....thats the reason I'm out there is to pull that string back!

_
Me too! We gps or memorize certain locations that are arrow friendly and incorporate them into our path and do a little shooting during the day! I'm an archer as much as I am a bowhunter!

Wrench

WKR
I must stump shoot 10x a day. I've broke two on a day hunt before then stuffed another through a grouse.

I've footed my shafts for this year to hopefully help.

With all that said, 6 unless creek walker cuts a 7 or 8.

87TT

WKR
I have 5 arrow at home for practicing and a 7 arrow On my hunting bow. Both Tight Spot and interchangeable.
Hunting, I carry 4 my go to broadhead, 2 older/cheaper broadheads and a judo.

Ahutch

FNG
Preferred number of arras in my quiver???
Well...I would havta go with all of em..

Waaaaaay to many shots of opportunity down here...

Hutch

sneaky

"DADDY"

_
Thank God for arrow tubes on packs, or Safari Tuff quivers lol. I'd rather have and not need, than need and not have

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am in the 5 arrow camp. At least 4 hunting broadheads, always. Sometimes five.

Most of the time my 5th arrow varies from field point, blunt, or junk broadhead depending on what or where I am hunting.

Felix40

WKR
Ive gotten by with a 3 arrow for a long time but it was not ideal. Extra broadheads and a sharpener in the pack is important. I finally splurged and bought a 5 arrow this year.

I might bring a judo but all my arrows in my quiver will have broadheads. I’ve shot enough grouse with judos to know that it’s not always a sure thing.

Kentucky

WKR
I think the situation matters if others commenting can mention what/where (ex: Big Game Western Hunting vs. East Farmland Whitetail hunting).

I hunt whitetails in Virginia and only have a 3 arrow quiver. I'd have a 2 arrow one if they existed. If I need more than 2 shots on a deer I need to go back to the range and practice. My hunting is primarily hiking around the mountains for 8 hours (no camping or treestand hunting). I'm new to archery but have taken two deer. Each only needed one arrow, and then my hunt was over.

Where did you get your vaccination for Murphy’s Law?

“2 deer.....2 arrows...or back to the range”....your confidence must be soaring...

On a local all day hunt I take 5-6 arrows..
3 BH, 2 judo in quiver, 2 extra BH in pack.

Last edited: