Prefered number of arrows in your quiver.

Wilderness Spirit

Lil-Rokslider
My Black Widow quiver holds seven but hunting whitetail here in PA I run it with five. Four with broadheads and one practice point or juddo point.

TheGDog

WKR
4 arrows is juuuust enough. But you'd better keep your mind on the intended task at hand... otherwise dumb bunnies that haven't yet bolted, sitting 10ft away can get mighty tempting... but don't do it with that broadhead. Don't do it. Dumb lesson learned.

OP
TaterTot

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
Where did you get your vaccination for Murphy’s Law?

“2 deer.....2 arrows...or back to the range”....your confidence must be soaring...

On a local all day hunt I take 5-6 arrows..
3 BH, 2 judo in quiver, 2 extra BH in pack.
Each to their own. I personally wouldn't want to only carry two arrows. With my luck I'd drop one off the string the moment I got setup in my stand haha.

Western Mountain Hunting, minimum of 5 arrows all setup with broadheads, carry a judo and extra broadheads in your pack. When you are hunting for 3+ days away from the truck you will be thankful you have the extra arrows. My next quiver will be the 7 arrow Tightspot.

Where did you get your vaccination for Murphy’s Law?

“2 deer.....2 arrows...or back to the range”....your confidence must be soaring...

On a local all day hunt I take 5-6 arrows..
3 BH, 2 judo in quiver, 2 extra BH in pack.

lol, i mean an arrow for a deer at 5-20 yards seems plenty. if i cant hit at that distance i shouldnt be bow hunting.

Usually on a local hunt I'll carry a side stalker style quiver with four broadheads, a Judo and an Ace Hex blunt. Sometimes I'll add a rubber blunt if I think there will be extra practice shooting. A quick afternoon run to sit a tree stand for deer may only require two broadheads and one blunt but I'm carrying the same quiver and have plenty of room. Three or four more arrows isn't much weight penalty for the fun it can provide.

Kentucky

WKR
lol, i mean an arrow for a deer at 5-20 yards seems plenty. if i cant hit at that distance i shouldnt be bow hunting.

I agree. If you can’t hit at 5-20 yards then you’ve got no business bow hunting.

Still..Luck favors the prepared.

I agree. If you can’t hit at 5-20 yards then you’ve got no business bow hunting.

Still..Luck favors the prepared.
I asked in the beginnong for people to share their scenario (like im hunting whitetail on a farm in a county with an over abundance of deer when i say only need two - my hunts are 4 hours max but not because i dont want them longer; kids need attention). If i was out west or in backcountry id definitely have more than 3.

I have a 5 arrow quiver, 4 BH and one Judo. That's if I am whitetail hunting close to home or out west elk hunting. If I am traveling, plan to be far enough away from home that I am not commuting, then I'll have another 6-12 arrows with me in the truck and a box with both broadhead, FP and Judos. I have had nocks break lowering my bow down, I have had XX75's bend when I went down in a patch of deadfall and I have had deer duck, get spined and drag themselves into briars where it took 2 more arrows to get it done. Chit happens when you bowhunt.

Btaylor

WKR
Here at home we get 6 deer tags so I run a 6 arrow quiver. When the quiver is empty I am done. May or may not have tags left, if I do, I re-fill. ;)

Spence14

WKR
5 in the quiver for me. The most I've used in a day was three. One shot that caught a deer in the spine and two follow-up shots to make sure the animal expired quickly. Still had two more in case another buck was on the walk back to the truck.

GreenNDark Timber

Lil-Rokslider
Anything within walking distance of the truck and I carry 5 arrows (4 BHs and a judo/blunt). If I'm packing in I usually throw on a piggy backer for a 6th arrow which I leave in camp.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patw